Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so today at work i finnaly talked my bossinto letting me put my car on the lift to install my hard pipes. so i get started follow the instructions and figure out i dont have a heat gun to shrink the shring wrap crap thingy. so i used a lighter, heh. The lower pipe went in easy, the upper pipe was a PITA x 10, wouldnt line up, then one side would other side wouldnt, so after busting my knuckes like 10 times i just left it to where it was ok but not where i wanted it. on to the problems, there was the vac line that went from the stock BOV to the 3 thingys, i jsut un hooked it and hooked it off the block to my Greddy RS, is that right? Then there is also the red line that went from the stock UP to the block what do i do with this? i tryed capping it thinking thats waht i was sposta do and i pulled code 1188. < no idea what it is, any insight on what the code is would be great. so i uncapped it and reset the ecu, and no more code. Also i thought BOV's where sposta be loud, mines not loud, and i cant figure out what exactly the soft and hard ajustments do on the top of it. damn instructions were in japanese like the TT.

any help on anyof these would be great.

thanks

Keyth
i.e. clammy

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ohh i also only boosted up to 7 psi when the code happened, and now im up to 10, i built a loeak tester but havent got to checking yet.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a response would be awsome, bump :crying:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
43 veiws no responses, please someone chime in.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
63 veiws no response, hmm...... well bump

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I think you have to cap the red line.did you try that?

·
Registered
547 Posts
u need to T in to the vac line on the throttle body for the RS BOV and caping the red line is ok. I am thinking u hood the line for the stock BOV to the RS wich is a peressuer line not a vac line that would be right if u had a hks or pull type bov
hope that helps some

1 - 7 of 7 Posts