Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought some prothane mm inserts but i've just been too lazy to put them in... i'm coming around to doing it but i just wanted to know do i need to support the motor to put the insert in? or can i just put em in?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,493 Posts
Take the top mount out first, no need for support. Insert the mm in the top mount and put it back on tightly w/ washer so insert wont come out. After that Take off the bottom motor mount just the bolt that connects next to the oil pan and put the insert in and try to get the bolt to screw back in. I've had problems putting it back but I eventually got it in!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
black03 said:
i bought some prothane mm inserts but i've just been too lazy to put them in... i'm coming around to doing it but i just wanted to know do i need to support the motor to put the insert in? or can i just put em in?

Yes you should support the motor while installing them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,104 Posts
easiest way to get the bottom one back in is to have 2 or 3 people push on the motor DOWN when you try to screw it back into place. i got Blatallic (Diller's) in in like 2 seconds when we did that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,622 Posts
yes and thank you!!!!


Now I get massages in my car :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,104 Posts
BlatallicSRT said:
yes and thank you!!!!


Now I get massages in my car :rofl:

lol... nice... now you're boyfriends hands wont get so tired from the massages anymore :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,622 Posts
Azzkikr764 said:
lol... nice... now you're boyfriends hands wont get so tired from the massages anymore :thumbsup:
:tongue: :tongue:
 

·
HAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
Joined
·
29,063 Posts
AieSRT4Owner said:
sOoot I didnt support my engine lol I just did it one at a time.
Ur stupid AIE

Support u engine when doing to bottom one....dont raise the engine up...just support it to where it doesnt go down...
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top