Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I did the install in stages.

First thing, cut the centre console for the switches, then run the main wire harness under the console and carpet, attach ground wire.

Second stage was to do the doors, one at a time, passenger side first (driver's side the same). I installed the motors and wire harness through to the "B" pillar, installed the switch pod, tested operation of window motors, then put all back together.

Last thing, find a source for power, to which I am using the 12 volt power outlet in the dash. It hardly ever gets used, is already fused so it should be fine.

End result, it's nice to have power windows in the rear. The motors are a bit slower than the fronts, but if you operate a front and a rear window simultaneously, they will both finish their travel up and down, about the same time. :)

3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
canadian_srt4 said:
wicked job Chris!

why didn't you put the rear switch/bezel higher up to be in line with the arm rest that is already on the door? was there no room in behind?
Thanks Kelly. The instructions come with a template that shows the pods to be installed there, because it covers the hole and the new drive mechanism that attaches to the stock window crank. The motors that are supplied, have a drive section that slips over the stock window cranks, using them in turn to drive the windows, rather completely replacing the crank mechanism. The drive sticks partially out of the existing hole.

If it wasn't for that, for sure I would have mounted them higher. :)

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
cawong11 said:
Thanks Kelly. The instructions come with a template that shows the pods to be installed there, because it covers the hole and the new drive mechanism that attaches to the stock window crank. The motors that are supplied, have a drive section that slips over the stock window cranks, using them in turn to drive the windows, rather completely replacing the crank mechanism. The drive sticks partially out of the existing hole.

If it wasn't for that, for sure I would have mounted them higher. :)
ya that makes sense, I knew there was a reason.

3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Niobium said:
Hey.. What color/brand of paint did you use on the switches and the rear Pods.. I can't seem to find a color that matches our interour as closely as yours.

Why the heck do the pods and switches come in Tan anyway, they should all just come the same color as the SRT interoir..
I had the parts painted by a body shop. The colour is Deep Slate, DV is the colour code (????). Not sure why they send them in Tan, considering all SRT-4's come with a dark gray interior.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
but what will an rsx say now when they lose???? :eeeek: :eeeek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.