Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to your guys website and i saw that you guys sell both of the products named in the title and i want to know if it is difficult to setup the gauge with that wideband or could you help me setup the gauge thanks for your help

·
Registered
132 Posts
Your looking for how to setup the controller and gauge, or someone to do the install/setup for you? I can tell you how. Its quite easy but you'll need to have a muffler shop weld on the oxygen sensor bung. LMK specifically what you need.

·
Registered
132 Posts
SNOOPALOOP said:
I'm also interested in the VEI wideband if it exist.
Yes, it exists. VEI does not have a controller yet (I know they have been working with Bosch on developing one), but they have a universal display gauge that will work with almost any controller that puts out a linear 0-5V analog output. There is a list of many of these here... http://www.veisystems.com/uva-m.html

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vgauges said:
Your looking for how to setup the controller and gauge, or someone to do the install/setup for you? I can tell you how. Its quite easy but you'll need to have a muffler shop weld on the oxygen sensor bung. LMK specifically what you need.
i want to know how to setup the controller and the gauge so that they can work together and i am pretty sure that its not hard to install the guage or the wideband

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here's the simple version, so let me know where you need more detail...
(1) Weld bung on exhaust & install sensor.
(2) Install controller as per their instructions.
(3) Mount VEI AFR gauge.
(4) Connect +12V (red) and ground (black) wires on gauge.
(5) If you want dimming, connect the green wire on the gauge to a headlight or park light.
(6) Connect the signal input wire (white) on the gauge to the analog output wire from the controller (Analog output 2 on LC-1 is brown).

The rest is just setting up the range on the gauge, using the button on the front. For the LC-1, on the gauge you set Range=99.9, Ya=7.4 and Yb=22.4 (IIRC :) ).

Of course, the full instructions here will give you more detail, or I can assist as well.

Vic.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually you just answer my answer about how you set the range on the gauge that is what iwanted to know so thank you and i will be placing an order on friday

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
You got it! Looks awesome now... I am having a bit of an issue with the boost gauges... it seems to be below where it shoudl be for boost... at idle it is sitting at -18 in movement it is -25....... and in boost it will hit 0... or I have seen 7 once...... is there any setups that I should be doing on it? I am running off the line that used to hook up to the boost gauge...

·
Registered
132 Posts
There is a reset procedure in the instructions that tell it what the ambient pressure level is. Do that first. Also check for kinks or leaks in the boost line and that will give you odd results.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nope. You should be around 14.7. A bit lower (down to 11 or 12 maybe) during acceleration and a bit higher (say 16) in steady-speed cruise. You'd get to 22 only when you just close the throttle (suddenly cut off the air, and the ECU has not yet shut off fuel to match).

What controller are you using, what do you have the Ya and Yb set to on the gauge?

·
Registered
132 Posts
pphilps said:
Hey man,

I am using the innovative that you sell. I can check on the values.. but I did it by the values you had posted up here... if I remember right you have only posted the values once..
Verify the settings. Re-check wiring. Give me more detail... Did this suddenly change, or did you just get it running? Did you reprogram the LC-1 outputs?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hey man,

Wiring is good..... it has been steady with that right from when I reprogramed the gauge...

range is 99.9
YA is 7.4
YB is 22.4
IIR is 1.....

are those setting right for the LC-1? Now I didn't do anything to the LC-1 as far as setting up anything.... I just left it as is.... other then the grounding it out at the beginning to get it accustomed to the sensor...

vgauges said:
pphilps said:
Hey man,

I am using the innovative that you sell. I can check on the values.. but I did it by the values you had posted up here... if I remember right you have only posted the values once..
Verify the settings. Re-check wiring. Give me more detail... Did this suddenly change, or did you just get it running? Did you reprogram the LC-1 outputs?

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
pphilps said:
Hey man,

Wiring is good..... it has been steady with that right from when I reprogramed the gauge...

range is 99.9
YA is 7.4
YB is 22.4
IIR is 1.....

are those setting right for the LC-1? Now I didn't do anything to the LC-1 as far as setting up anything.... I just left it as is.... other then the grounding it out at the beginning to get it accustomed to the sensor...

vgauges said:
pphilps said:
Hey man,

why is the Ya 7.4 and yb 22.4

wouldnt that mean at its richest point it would be 7.4?

and leanest 22.4?

shouldnt the ya be 10 and the yb be 20?

never heard of a 7.4 afr for the srt. maybe 9 at richest.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts