Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just ordered one and didn't find any results when searching here about anyone possibly having one.

I didn't find many results period actually. A Thule rack for some bikes and another guy had a rack for his snowboards...mixed in with a lot of hate about putting a rack on ones car, lol.

This is for my kayak. I do not care what you may or may not think about anyone putting a rack on their cars, for looks or otherwise. I make the payments on my car...if you don't like it--> eff yo couch!! :lol:

Ok, with that out of the way I was just curious if anyone had experience with the brand that maybe hasn't posted about it.

It was too good a deal to pass up and the quality looks good enough for the girls I date. :readclose

Came with locking stays, basic crossbars and a fairing attachment for $260

Fairing was an included free pkg deal available for another few days or so, if anyone is interested.

There is literally only one picture of it on an SRT, so if anyone wants any further detailed pics, I can snap a few.

Weather has been nice lately so it's time to start kayaking/fishing again!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I'm not sure if it was me but I sport a snowboard rack all winter long.

The Yakiama rack I don't think will support the weight of bikes, not positive. I DO know you can't use a torpedo carrier on them.

I got no hate with the snowboard rack on mine, lots of positive comments actually.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm not sure if it was me but I sport a snowboard rack all winter long.

The Yakiama rack I don't think will support the weight of bikes, not positive. I DO know you can't use a torpedo carrier on them.

I got no hate with the snowboard rack on mine, lots of positive comments actually.
post some pics!!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine will be here Friday. If I get off work early enough, I'll throw it on and snap a few pics.

And yes, Slyder...the snowboard rack was yours from the thread I was referring too.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pics up on 1st post.

I'm pleased. Came packaged very well, very sturdy design. Mounting is solid and fairing does a great job of eliminating extra wind noise. I can't notice any additional noise at all past normal road noise.

So now I have the quietest dumped exhaust AND a quiet roof rack. Sweet.

I am taking my monkey ass kayaking tomorrow. :readclose

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No...still don't get it.

It might help to know, I am oblivious to certain things, gossip/fads/trends being amongst them.

I guess roof racks are popular with honda owners?

I can see you're poking a bit of fun and I'm obviously ruining the punchline, my bad :lol:

I'll actually be using mine and taking it off when not, depending on how much of a hassle that becomes.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Lol funny story, I wouldn't do it on our cars for looks cause they're too round :gay:, but my dream project build is an early 90s/ late 80s bmw.
And yes I plan on getting a rack just for looks haha
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 48 Posts