Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Injen vs AEM

Ban me if this has been posted, but otherwise, I am in CA and want an intake that has at least a CARB pending number, which through my research these are the only ones who seem to have that at the moment. K&N would probably be my first choice, but they don't care about SRTs in CA right now so I won't wait around for them. I don't care short ram or CAI, but opinions please?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
injen is nice sits very well and very loud, aem has fitment issues even engine bay fires with this intake, iceman ugly looking intake but its said to be the best flowing intake out but very pricy i think
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,630 Posts
Injen Cold Air Intake or Ice Man...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,363 Posts
Me likie Injen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,630 Posts
Yep.... i want their cai and downpipe... but i have sri and i love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,341 Posts
ive got both versions of the AEM intake and they both didnt fit and still waiting on a replacement for the replacement intake :flame:

get the iceman fits nicely in place
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
slow79ford said:
what is sri? I am strongly leaning toward injen at the moment...
SRI is short for Short Ram Intake. It is shorter(thats a lot of shorts) than a CAI, cold air intake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,658 Posts
???

Stealth said:
Injen is Carb Approved.

I have the injen and I love it.
Is this the cai version you talk about mang :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,630 Posts
Pitch Black SRT said:
What's an Injen Cold Air Intake?

never seen it.


i have the Injen SRI, it's alright...
newer product.... they have a cold air intake and downpipe now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a response about CARB I got from an Injen rep in an email on the 18th:

"They are currently pending. We have seen CARB take any where from 6 months
to a year. We are expecting approval very soon."

So, unless they got approval within the last two weeks, I think they are still pending. I'll bug them again and send another email...

I cannot believe I didn't put short ram intake and sri together...oh well, I was planning on getting the "sri" most likely, unless someone can sell me on the cai. Any takers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
I have the AEM with a lil adjusting no problems and feels great on the butt dyno not to mention the turbo spool. Also comes with a real nice flutter at low boost. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
eatmydust said:
injen is nice sits very well and very loud, aem has fitment issues even engine bay fires with this intake, iceman ugly looking intake but its said to be the best flowing intake out but very pricy i think
If anyone is concerned about any chance of an engine fire with the AEM intake or any other metal intake, please read.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74605
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AEMTech said:
If anyone is concerned about any chance of an engine fire with the AEM intake or any other metal intake, please read.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74605
Well it wasn't before...but now that you mention it...hey, why has no one from AEM responded to my CARB EO # email question? (maybe you could tell me if the intakes for the 04 srt4 have or are pending CARB #s)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
slow79ford said:
Well it wasn't before...but now that you mention it...hey, why has no one from AEM responded to my CARB EO # email question? (maybe you could tell me if the intakes for the 04 srt4 have or are pending CARB #s)
04 is pending.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
AEMTech said:
04 is pending.
Thats great :)....now get too work on the EMS please :)

Any updates for us..sorry to hi-jack please PM me if needed


Oh yeah I have the AEM CAI fits great, feels great, glad I purchased it!!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top