Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Good choice on Intake man. There are some filters which are fully washable available. I can't think of the brand, but they are REALLY BIG.... I've had mine for 2 years now... even transferred it to my new 05' SRT and it cleans really easily....Just buy one of these and you won't have to worry about replacing it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
EDISKRAD EHT said:
The Injen comes with one you can clean. Just buy the K&N filter cleaning kit.
nah man I tried to clean that thing with a kit and it didn't work very well...

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
tailshe said:
thanks
this iwhat my filter looks like
time for a new air filter. That thing looks done

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Yeah, mine looked like that to. For some reason they just dont wear very well. Mine looked like that in about 8 months. Good news is I bought a K&N filter to replace it and it is still going strong after 18 months. Bad new is it is going to cost you $70 to replace it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yea mine was pretty messed up after about a year or so also. If you go no Injen's website you can get the replacement part number for the filter. I think i paid like $40 or so dollars for a replacement, and so far it looks like my replacement is wearing a lot better than the first one.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
When I was living in the Hudson Valley was talking with some of the local owners there and they told me that one of thier cars ended up getting screwed up with the orig Injen filter. Some of the element came loose and the turbo ate it. Mine was gone at that point.

·
Registered
479 Posts
If you take care of the original filter it will last a long time, I clean and re-oil mine every oil change at the very least. Never had a problem and it still looks brand new. Routine matinance is your friend. :readclose

1 - 11 of 11 Posts