Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
could u not just get regular ole o-rings from teh vatozone for like 10 bucks instead? stealership prices ftl lol

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
8,913 Posts
Yes... you probably could....

Or I could walk 50 feet, pick up a bag of 10,000 o-rings that go onto the injectors we make at my work and start selling them on the forums.... of course I might get fired!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes... you probably could....

Or I could walk 50 feet, pick up a bag of 10,000 o-rings that go onto the injectors we make at my work and start selling them on the forums.... of course I might get fired!
thatd no bueno....im sure u have more engines to buy :rofl:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
lol i just called dodge dealership down town, and they told me the same thing... better at autzone. He said to buy them threw them would be 12.95 for a pack of 2 o-rings. Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
518 Posts
an o-ring is an o-ring lol. its just a small piece of rubber. the ones at autozone are gonna be the same ones from the dealer...most likely made in china and sold from different distributors. hell i plan on getting about 50 when i get some just so i can have a few laying around "just in case"

·
Registered
518 Posts
i know its a joke...and i LOLed...but ive gotten fuel hose from them before (not used for fuel actually it was to replace a coolant line on an old honda) that got a pin hole in it from being a bit dry rotted. depending on what it is, if the turnover of parts is low enough...itll just get old and shitty before it sells. but yeah o-rings? i doubt there is gonna be a problem there.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
8,913 Posts
an o-ring is an o-ring lol. its just a small piece of rubber.
You would be amazed at how wrong that statement really is! We (were I work) have over a dozen different o-rings and they are all made from different "rubber" and have very specific properties!

·
Registered
401 Posts
OEM is the way.

You would be amazed at how wrong that statement really is! We (were I work) have over a dozen different o-rings and they are all made from different "rubber" and have very specific properties!
Lower your spears, this man speaketh truth. Orings are made specifically for high heat, near frozen, room temp, corrosive, or non-corrosive . I work on semiconductor process equipment, and OEM orings or equilivent must be used. Buna deep blue (extreme cold), Viton black (room temp), Teflon white (corrosion resistent), Silicon red (heat resistent). Example: Use a non-corrosive, low temp oring in a corrosive, high temp environment , and they will be eaten or cooked and fail. You cant't always know just by looking at them. They must be obtained from a reliable source, like Fast Louy's dealership?

JR

·
Registered
474 Posts
04897125AA :thumbsup:
Old post I know but info is still the same. This # looks like it's for the blue top O-ring. Is there a separate part number for the lower black O-ring?

Also do you know how many come in a pack for 04897125AA?

Already tried the Fel-Pro o-rings and they leaked worse than the ones I am replacing. They visually looked thinner as well. Tring to find OEM only and if possible keep the bottom seals black :).

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
The part manual shows they're the same for both sides of the stock injectors. They should also fit both sides of all the Mopar Performance injectors that came in the "Stage" kits and likely most of the aftermarket injectors.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The part manual shows they're the same for both sides of the stock injectors. They should also fit both sides of all the Mopar Performance injectors that came in the "Stage" kits and likely most of the aftermarket injectors.
I know they'll fit, was just hoping to get the same color as the ones I had.... even if I will only see them on removal haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts