Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone, i just got my 05 SRT. My neighbor had an 04 SRT and i fell in love wit it, so i got my own. I'm still in the break in stage right now but i'm lookin to get a bov soon and i was wonderin which is the best, Mopar or sumtin else. i would appreciate anyone's input, Thanks.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
the mopar bov is nothing but a noise maker with no actually benifit to the life of the turbo as apposed to real bovs. the mopar plate will also likly leak after 15psi of boost. look into a atp up pipe with your choose of i think greddy or hks bovs. both are very good products. turboxs's stuff has turn to junk. there bov's are leaky and don't work as advertised. which is weird cuz i have a rfl bov from turboxs and it works like a champ. but over 15guys i've seen and/or talk to are tryin to sell them cause they don't work correctly. there is alo a link in the srt video section for sound clips of various bovs.

·
Registered
663 Posts
05BlackSRT4 said:
Whats up everyone, i just got my 05 SRT. My neighbor had an 04 SRT and i fell in love wit it, so i got my own. I'm still in the break in stage right now but i'm lookin to get a bov soon and i was wonderin which is the best, Mopar or sumtin else. i would appreciate anyone's input, Thanks.
If you dont plan on doing higher boost (18 Psi or more), then the Mopar BOV is just fine.

If not, you should go for the Hks, GReddy or TurboXS BOV.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i fail to see where an aftermarket bov will help the turbo any more than the mopar one. all it does is allow you more control over the computer system, and in some instances run higher boost. all bov's vent hot gas, (including the mopar one) so why would one be any better unless your talking high dollar mods down the road? I think its just a way to get more money out of us through marketing ploy, and have bragging rights for the most expensive bov.

For those running big turbo kits and high boost situations i can see where an external "True" bov would be benificial, but not on the car that will remain mostly stock.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
stg1srt4 said:
all bov's vent hot gas, (including the mopar one)
The Mopar BOV does not have add ANY kind of performance to the SRT-4. It is not a true Blow Off Valve.

·
Banned
176 Posts
noTe said:
The Mopar BOV does not have add ANY kind of performance to the SRT-4. It is not a true Blow Off Valve.
hes right, its just a conversion kit. I have it and like it, but its not a true BOV. I would search for the video comparison around here. I personally like the Turbo XS RFL...or the HKS SS....listen to them and see what you like man!

good luck..

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
hes right, its just a conversion kit. I have it and like it, but its not a true BOV. I would search for the video comparison around here. I personally like the Turbo XS RFL...or the HKS SS....listen to them and see what you like man!

good luck..
*Rubs eyes*

Did you just agree with me?

·
Registered
647 Posts
05BlackSRT4 said:
I guess it depends on what you are trying to get out of it. If all you really want is the sound and dont want to spend a lot of cash then go with the Mopar bov(plate).

·
Registered
713 Posts
if you want cheap and functional, get a 1G DSM BOV. They hold 22psi stock, if you crush them, they will hold more. And this new system out, leak stopper mod, will allow it to hold way over 40psi.

·
Registered
626 Posts
what's the leak stopper mod? i have a 1g DSM BOV with stock boost levels but feel that i have a slight leak due to it blowing off when not under boost, and a high-pitched ring every once in a while when idling.

·
Registered
713 Posts
JustANeonButBadass said:
what's the leak stopper mod? i have a 1g DSM BOV with stock boost levels but feel that i have a slight leak due to it blowing off when not under boost, and a high-pitched ring every once in a while when idling.
http://www.dejontool.com/dsm-misc.htm

Saw this site, got the data results too. I don't have my 1G BOV yet, but once i get my pressure pipes, i will get one. Do you have it tied into you manifold?

·
Registered
626 Posts
yeah it's T'd to the maniford and on the hotside using the AGP BOV kit. when i get the chance i'm gonna tighten the hose directly connected to the turbo since that's the only one i haven't tightened, just incase it's not the BOV itself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.