Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who offers them, where do I get them....tired of cleaning wheels. Not in favor of greenstuff because the color of them with my red calipers would look like christmas.....

As little dust as possible.....

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
well i bought the stoptech front pads.. and i just checked my ups tracking number, it says they got delivered.. so when i get home from work in about an hour.. i'm gonna put them on and clean my wheels off. i'll post in a few days, but if i forget, you can pm me in about a week.

·
Registered
636 Posts
ebc green stuff. no dust but you might get some squeaking.
if you are worried about the color i cant help you until they make the red stuff.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
i dont know if the stoptechs are dustless. check out their site.

they were at the union dodge meet, and i like to support those who support us... thats why i looked at them.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Doesn't less dust create more squeaking? I had metallic pads on my old car. No dust but alot of squeaking until they heated up some. Even when they heated up, still had minor speaking. Squeaking sounds horrible to me. I'd rather have some break dust. By the time you need to wash your wheels, you should wash your car again anyway. Clean wheels and a dirty car are also bad IMO. Just my 02.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Squeeking is usually atributed to a high performance carbon metallic or ceramic pad. You will tipically experence the squeek with a "race" pad like Hawk or EBC Exc. If your Semi metallic pads are squeeking chances are there is no shim (or the incorrect size) on the back of them. Any autoparts store sells antisqueek that you can put on pads to stop it. I wouldnot reccomend it for the "race" pads however.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
EBCs are great (don't have them yet but am planning on it)...I was just going to paint the pads with hi temp red paint...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wagner Quiet Stops. Ceramic.
I have these on my wife's LHS. There is still some brake dust but it's a light brown instead of black. Not as much dust as previous pads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts