Dodge SRT Forum banner

In need of oil pump plate

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  iesusko 
#1 ·
Anyone have one? Not trying to spend too much. My pull apart has tons of pt cruisers but it doesn't look like an exact match but I think it's still the same. Anyone know for sure? It's a lot of work to get it off.

#3 ·
What are you working on? SRT-4? I can't imagine it would be different, even on the touring model of the PT Cruiser it has the same engine. A lot of stuff on the transmission side is different obviously because of using two entirely different transmissions, but I can't imagine a reason they'd use a different plate up front. I'll let someone who's worked on both speak up. I have a touring and convertible GT cruiser at our farm, just haven't had time to use the parts from one to fix the other yet, so I can't answer.

#5 ·
Ohhh, well, that may be slightly different. The SRT-4 has an oil cooler and I'm not sure if the GT Cruiser has one. If I hadn't been procrastinating this summer I could probably answer, I need to get that convertible going. I bought it when my daughter was 12, she's 14 now and if I don't pull my head out, she'll be 16 and I still won't have it done LOL.

#7 ·
The oil pumps are the same as long as they are the 2.4 turbo models. i cannot confirm about the non-turbo models though i would think they would also be the same. The oil cooler comes off of the oil pan and therefore has no effect on the oil pump.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.