Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one? Not trying to spend too much. My pull apart has tons of pt cruisers but it doesn't look like an exact match but I think it's still the same. Anyone know for sure? It's a lot of work to get it off.

·
Super Moderator
16,460 Posts
Anyone have one? Not trying to spend too much. My pull apart has tons of pt cruisers but it doesn't look like an exact match but I think it's still the same. Anyone know for sure? It's a lot of work to get it off.
What are you working on? SRT-4? I can't imagine it would be different, even on the touring model of the PT Cruiser it has the same engine. A lot of stuff on the transmission side is different obviously because of using two entirely different transmissions, but I can't imagine a reason they'd use a different plate up front. I'll let someone who's worked on both speak up. I have a touring and convertible GT cruiser at our farm, just haven't had time to use the parts from one to fix the other yet, so I can't answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually it's an oil pump assembly, I thought it was just a plate. I think it's the same but it looks a little different on the pts I looked at. They may have been a few years newer. It honestly just looked like an updated casting to use less material.

@RTShadow yeah an srt4 2003

·
Super Moderator
16,460 Posts
Ohhh, well, that may be slightly different. The SRT-4 has an oil cooler and I'm not sure if the GT Cruiser has one. If I hadn't been procrastinating this summer I could probably answer, I need to get that convertible going. I bought it when my daughter was 12, she's 14 now and if I don't pull my head out, she'll be 16 and I still won't have it done LOL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohhh, well, that may be slightly different. The SRT-4 has an oil cooler and I'm not sure if the GT Cruiser has one. If I hadn't been procrastinating this summer I could probably answer, I need to get that convertible going. I bought it when my daughter was 12, she's 14 now and if I don't pull my head out, she'll be 16 and I still won't have it done LOL.
I found it for $120 shipped online. I think I'm just going to go with that. Before I realized it was a pump I was looking at $400. All that for a tiny chip by the seal that causes the it to pop out and puke out all of the oil.

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
The oil pumps are the same as long as they are the 2.4 turbo models. i cannot confirm about the non-turbo models though i would think they would also be the same. The oil cooler comes off of the oil pan and therefore has no effect on the oil pump.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
turbo's use a higher volume pump (20%), the NA pump will bolt up

The oil pumps are the same as long as they are the 2.4 turbo models. i cannot confirm about the non-turbo models though i would think they would also be the same. The oil cooler comes off of the oil pan and therefore has no effect on the oil pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts