Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a in-car video or sound clip of the stock exhaust? I want to get an idea of how loud the exhaust noise is in the cabin while driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that a few months ago. And the salesperson told me "no, unless you're serious about buying...you'd have to practically be filling out the papers for financing, it's too much of a liability" I said, "mmmmkay" and I went about my business. Car salesmen are dicks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Under part-throttle, the noise isn't bad. If my kids weren't both napping now I'd grab my DV cam and make a quick movie for ya.

And I'd be pissed at that dealer. Liability - my ass. I test-drove FOUR different SRT-4s at two different dealer before I found the car I bought. Find another dealer, ASAP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to be able carry a conversation while driving with the wife and baby....
I'm definitely looking for another dealership when my lease is up.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Rah Rah said:
I'd like to be able carry a conversation while driving with the wife and baby....
I'm definitely looking for another dealership when my lease is up.

Thats not a problem. I can hear the radio with the volume pretty low and carry a conversation without any problem. The car does rumble and snarl when your at idle.

I was a little worried when I bought my car as I had not test drove one or even hear one run. I took delivery of the car off the show room floor and it was the last car on the floor so they had to move 6 other cars to get it out. So when they started the srt, I almost crapped myself! I noticed the car was a lot louder when it was new. I'm guessing the resonators have burned in and the cat also burned in a little. At 0 miles it sounded like a turbo car with no exhaust at all :) . Now it sounds like a pissed off neon with big balls :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
i thought it was kinda loud at first. but then again, i just came out of a GTP Gran Prix. Now, tho, w/ the B&B exhaust (sans cat), I feel like I'm in a Cessna 140, or perhaps a Piper Cub. Heck, even if the guy won't let ya drive it, he should let ya start it up, yanno?

·
Registered
526 Posts
The R/T that I traded for my SRT had a 2.5" catback system and was pretty loud although never too loud to not be able to have a conversation or have to turn the stereo up, it just got annoying when you were going down the highway at 80mph and the motor was wound up to 3500(damn 3.94), when I got my SRT I was suprised at how quite it was, inside the cabin you don't hear it too much, although I was telling someone that and they told me to listen to it outside the car, they said it's pretty loud. So no, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts