Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Forum Moderator, SRT of the Month
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there you all!!!

We're currently in a proces of getting some parts for the car, but we bought an Red 05" ACR, from a guy in New Mexico; Raton

Im financing the car together with my brother and hope to be the first owner of an srt-4 in Holland :eveilgrin

But since we don't have alot of experience on shipping, we like to ask some questions here.... on shipping:::

- How did all of u get it handled to take the car from US -> Germany???
What did u pay for shipping?

- Will it eventually be an option to take it from US to Germany where we can pick it u with a car and trailer??? (we have both and can use it for free)

-Which harbour in germany did u ship it to?

Thanx for the support :thumbsup:
greets Dutchneon

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The army or what ever branch handles all the shipping stuff. The military picks up the bill.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), 2011 Calendar Car
5,862 Posts
Yup..... The military service usually handles the bill for one car for each of us. But..... There are rare instances where people ship 2nd cars at their own expense. I have a buddy who's father owns a shipping company. He only handles shipments from Germany to the US, but he has connections on getting cars from the US to Germany. I'll contact him to see who he says to use and get more information for you. If I'm not mistaken almost all shipments come in through Bremerhafen.

Good choice on the car though!

·
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
marakka said:
Yup..... The military service usually handles the bill for one car for each of us. But..... There are rare instances where people ship 2nd cars at their own expense. I have a buddy who's father owns a shipping company. He only handles shipments from Germany to the US, but he has connections on getting cars from the US to Germany. I'll contact him to see who he says to use and get more information for you. If I'm not mistaken almost all shipments come in through Bremerhafen.

Good choice on the car though!

Ok, thanks for that..... we can use all the knowledge :thumbsup:
Bremerhafen would be great thats only 5 hours driving from my place!

·
5,862 Posts
Tell us more about the car? Anything done to it? Any pictures of it? Any plans for it? :D

·
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
marakka said:
Tell us more about the car? Anything done to it? Any pictures of it? Any plans for it? :D

Hmmmmzzz i don't think u guys wanna see it jet....
Its just that the car was in a little front crash :eeeek:

The thing is that it will be far more cheaper to import it...
But it means we have to arrange as many parts as possible for the repair.
And that's what we're doing at the moment.... (supported by the formal owner Neil Emiro)
We will make it stage 1 for now, maybe later S3 :clap:

The Car is a 05" Red ACR here are links to some info and photo's:

http://ndperformance.com/05_srt-4_acr/

·
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Legoman said:
Looks hmm damaged...

Hahaha yes it is.....
Alot of money, work & effort to repair it
But hell.... an ACR this young is worth a secon life :jester:

We would treat it like it is our little baby!

·
5,862 Posts
Ouch..... I hope you got a killer deal on the car as thats a lot of damage for an SRT. Yes, all the damage is replaceable but it adds up rather quickly. Let us know if you need any help with anything.

I talked to the friend of mine with the hook up. He should have the information for me in a day or two.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks nice...from behind :) Buth with a lot of $$ and time it sure would be nice :) please keep us updated on the progress

·
Registered
364 Posts
i shipped my white srt my self, most of the time they truck car from where ever then ship it from new jersey or something. i got mine trucked from Tennessee to New jersey and shipped to Bremenhaven it cost me about 1300 us dollars problem with yours is that its in New Mexico the shipping company i used was not even a mile away from where i bought my car so the ex-owner just drove it to the shipping company for me but thats all i know good luck!

·
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
marakka said:
Ouch..... I hope you got a killer deal on the car as thats a lot of damage for an SRT. Yes, all the damage is replaceable but it adds up rather quickly. Let us know if you need any help with anything.

I talked to the friend of mine with the hook up. He should have the information for me in a day or two.

Yeah i hope we wont regret the deal.....
The thing is he already had alot of parts and we only needed Frontbumper, Headlights, hoodscoop insert foglights, bezels etc. and we got a hold of that right now
Those are shipped over to him so he can ship it to us :D

We'll do the repairs with a friend and connections with a body shop here.
The engine is running fine atm so hopefully that not gets us in trouble....
It's only the shipping i'm concerned about atm. :eeeek:

We are already looking on google earth for the best route from Raton to Holland :thumbsup:

And @ boricuasrt-4 - so 1300$ would be shipping only, so the rest of the adding-up money will only be the trailerering from raton to the shipping company.

Maybe i can find a volounteer with a pickup and a trailer who can do that for me for a couple of 100$'s :shift:

·
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Manni-T said:
I have seen this srt on ebaymotors a few weeks ago...It`s pretty much wrecked,the front frame looks very very bad. Where in the Netherlands do you live?

In the middle, about 30km south of Utrecht and 40km east of Rotterdam

·
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
boricuasrt-4 said:
The company I used was DAS Global Services. You can check it out at: http://www.dasglobalservices.com/

Good luck on getting your SRT shipped!
They have a posibilty to calculate the shipping on there website.:readclose

Not very cheap :(

thanx for the link.:clap:

·
5,862 Posts
972-6021670 the company is TRANS GLOBAL AUTO LOGISTICTS (TGAL) and here's the email address [email protected]!! and the stateside number is 1-800-2648-167

Sorry for the jumbled mess but thats copied and pasted as he wrote it. Sorry if that doesn't help much but thats all the info my buddy gave me. Thank XxNeonxX for it ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
where is that a jumbled mess?? there's all the information you need! :lol:! TGAL has pretty good shipping prices! just write them an email and they willl give you all the information you need!

·
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It came trough very clear indeed :thumbsup:

i've send them an email with a questionary on whats the cheapest and best route to get it to holland...

Hope they come op with an offer i cant refuse :jester:

thanks Marakka & XXNEONXX !!!!

·
5,862 Posts
It was all Mike (xxneonxx) He's the one who's dad has the hook ups.

Thanks Mike cause I'm about to email them to see about shipping my SRT along with a car for my buddy. Most likely an Evo :D

1 - 20 of 135 Posts