Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how did you guys get the long black braket off the car to acess the o2 housing bolts?? the one that bolts o the turbo and the engine with 15 mm bolts. i have an oil line directly under the upper 15 mm bolt and i cant get to it so im stuk and cant proceed. i dont see how im even going to acess all nuts on the 02 housing even if i do get the black braket off. i need some advise quick cause im getting annoyed and i dont know what to do

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im taking out the nuts that are holding the o2 housing to the manifold except the nuts arent coming off, the studs are unscrewing from the housing. is that bad??

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
i haven't done mine yet, so i'm not really sure but i have heard of bolts just snapping off, so i say you're doing pretty good so far.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i finished it guys thanks, only took 10 hours

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
if you go in knowing your going to cut the lower heat shield out its alot faster. did mine in 5hrs spent 3 trying to get the shielf out. spend maybe 30min putting it all back togehter. on the floor jacked up with only hand tools.

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
i would rather do cams than an o2 housing...worst install on the srt. heck, the last fullybuilt head we installed took just about the same amount of time as an o2 housing

·
Registered
212 Posts
buffaluphagus said:
haha 02 housing installs are a bitch, never again.
^^^I'm with him x2...lol...worst install ever....but what's a 3" TBE without a 3" o2 housing?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Yeah it makes no since not to have a 3" O2 housing with a 3" TBE??

But i have mine to do this week sometime. So sucks for me

·
Registered
287 Posts
I started doing my exhaust the other day cti see. I also bought the 3in o2 housing well after I got the down pipe and the rest of the exhaust off. I was like f*ck that I could hardly see the damn o2 housing let alone try to take it off. My buddy said it took him a little over 4 hours with a lift. So now I'm not sure I will be putting it on unless I can find someone local to do it for me :(
later
John

·
Registered
212 Posts
i'd have to get about $1,000 cash and all the beer i want for the rest of my life if i was ever going to install one of these things again :eveilgrin :rofl:

·
Registered
852 Posts
2004NeonSRT4 said:
if you go in knowing your going to cut the lower heat shield out its alot faster. did mine in 5hrs spent 3 trying to get the shielf out. spend maybe 30min putting it all back togehter. on the floor jacked up with only hand tools.

Your saying the heat shield has to be cut for it to fit correctly?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Glad you finally got it. Probably getting ready to do my own along with 3inch back exhaust. Any advice going in?

Also, i read the thread title thinking your were stuck under your car inside of your o2 housing, now i cant get that image out of my head. thinking maybe you had your cell phone and you got your hand stuck in your 02 housing or something, i dunno :jester:

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Krimsrt4 said:
Your saying the heat shield has to be cut for it to fit correctly?

no, several guys have taken all the bolts out, but the shield wont come out so they say you can move shield around enough to get to the other bolts then drop the whole thing at one shot. i couldn't figure it out. so i tin snipped the shield off and i was in buisness. the maxxfab instrutions worked great for the removal of the oil cooler and other misc stuff to make room to get up there. also a 2ft set of exstentions is a must.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts