Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i turn the ignition everthing comes on but when i go to crank it over nothing happens... ive checked everyting form relays to fuses to the clutch safty switch but still nothing and i noticed that the starter is the only think thats not engaging when i try to crank it over ....anyone have any idea what it could be ???

·
Registered
337 Posts
Find out the resistance between the positive terminal and positive cable, then the resistance between the positive cable terminal at the batt and the positive cable terminal at the starter. Then the resistance between the positive cable at the starter and the starter terminal. None of those readings should exceed 0.3 ohms. The next thing is to check the voltage drop from the positive terminal of the batt and the positive terminal of the starter during cranking. Again, the voltage drop should be low. Also start reading in 8f of the service manual. There are many troubleshooting methods for a no start condition.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
pull the starter off and take it to any auto parts store. They can test them. Very easy to do and that will at least confirm or eliminate the starter as the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts