Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, i'm not leaving the SRT's side. I want one of these cars more than you know...

Which is why I may take my spring break and drive to FL to pick one up :)

I'm looking for some dealers that are easy to work with, and aren't jacking the price up over MSRP. I emailed Maroone and University today. Any other suggestions? I know we tried this before, but it kinda got side tracked. As always, any info would be very helpful. SamCam, where did you get yours?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ya know, if your waiting for your spring break, you may actually be able to get the car in your area at that point. My guess is everyone who really wants a car first, has already scoured the entire dealer network in the regions getting cars already... but try to find information from chrysler about the next round of vehical distribution, and hit a dealer in that location.. you may have better luck, and timing may fall closer to when you want to pick up your car.

Jack

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MalibuJack said:
Ya know, if your waiting for your spring break, you may actually be able to get the car in your area at that point. My guess is everyone who really wants a car first, has already scoured the entire dealer network in the regions getting cars already... but try to find information from chrysler about the next round of vehical distribution, and hit a dealer in that location.. you may have better luck, and timing may fall closer to when you want to pick up your car.

Jack
Well, spring break is March 3-8th, and it's bloody cold up here in MI, so a road trip to FL might happen anyway. And, i'll know when the next states are due before the dealers probably :wink: I'm mostly looking for dealer impressions. I know the south FL dealers are due for another round of cars, I'm just not sure which dealer to hook up with.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Well, after this weekend, the Tampa dealers should have them. I'll post something as soon as they call me. I think a few who were getting them in Tampa went to South Florida, so maybe a few spots are open.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Eb, try Monarch Dodge and Fairbanks Dodge. They seem to be selling them at MSRP. No EP pricing though. Like Grunge said, The Tampa area is due any day now, so the playing field should get alot bigger!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
The dealer where my friend is getting his, has them coming in this week before friday. They are getting 3, and my friend is the only person who put down a payment. The dealer is in Sarasota.

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Monarch

drizze99 said:
Eb, try Monarch Dodge and Fairbanks Dodge. They seem to be selling them at MSRP. No EP pricing though. Like Grunge said, The Tampa area is due any day now, so the playing field should get alot bigger!!
Monarch started marking them for $2,000 over MSRP while I was standing in the showroom. I'm still getting one at MSRP from them so maybe you could talk them down.

Greg

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Quark said:
The dealer where my friend is getting his, has them coming in this week before friday. They are getting 3, and my friend is the only person who put down a payment. The dealer is in Sarasota.
That's a good idea, try going to northern Florida or perhaps maybe the more elderly inhabited parts of Florida ie Ft Myers, Naples, Palm Springs etc.

-faast

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Ya, if your going to FL to get yours now, go somewhere where not as many of us young people are rippen through em. If your not going down until March/April, wait, you have an easier time dealing with your dealers than you will when you travel to Florida. I gotta wait till April/May and I have NO CAR! I know you can do it man, may the force be with you!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hey Ebbtide,

Give Matt Coffee a call at Fairbanks Dodge. His direct number is (954) 917-1295. The toll-free number is (800) 474-3871. He's information is:

Fairbanks Dodge/Mazda
5401/5501 West Sample Rd.
Coconut Creek, FL 33073

Tell him Sam Marsh (guy who traded-in white Kia Sportage) sent ya and you should be able to get one at MSRP. Just tell him when you want to pick it up and you should be set! Good luck to you!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Quark said:
Quark, do you know the dealers name?

I just got off the phone with Matt Coffee at Fairbanks Dodge and they are selling them at MSRP + 594.50 Dealer Prep Fees + T&T. They are NOT honoring the Chrysler EP pricing.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
For some reason, I thought the $595 fee was already included in the $19,995 price. I'll have to check the paperwork I got from the dealer. If they do charge me a prep fee, all that oxidation better not be under the hood like I saw in some of the other pictures.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Grunge said:
For some reason, I thought the $595 fee was already included in the $19,995 price. I'll have to check the paperwork I got from the dealer. If they do charge me a prep fee, all that oxidation better not be under the hood like I saw in some of the other pictures.
That 594.50 that they are charging is a cheap shot way of making an add'l 500-600 bucks profit. They are supposed to use the dealer hold back for the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection), topping off the gas tank, washing and polishing the car and advertising the car.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Brian,

Darn it, you are going to beat me by a day, I'll be there Sat about 11-12. As far as the 500 dealer fee, I think thats a FL standard item. They all charge it, even found a reference to it on a Honda dealer site. It's not the destination fee, that is built into the price. The base price is 19,450, destination is 544, making the MSRP 19,995. Pull up the window sticker from Maroone for instance, they have two yellow ones in stock. It also states that that price includes dealer prep. I don't know what the 400-500 dealer fee is for, but I think if you get a car in Florida, you are stuck with it. I suspect it's something the Florida dealers lobby group got passed as law that they can charge it. For me, it's worth paying that to get the car two months before they get here to MD. Given all the stories of outrageous dealer (stealer) markups, I can live with that. If they were just doing to the SRT-4, it might be different, but I think it's across the board.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can handle a $500 dollar fee. I'm also going to get the college graduate discount (like 3 or 400 bucks), so that will eat the fee back. I'm talking to University, and i'll call Maroone and Fairbanks tonight. Being the lucky dcx soul that I am, I can see how many and what color cars each dealer is getting :) So I know I should be able to find my color (Black or Silver). Thanks for the help guys!

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
ebbtide said:
Being the lucky dcx soul that I am, I can see how many and what color cars each dealer is getting :) So I know I should be able to find my color (Black or Silver). Thanks for the help guys!
O.k. How many and what colors is Jerry Ulm in Tampa getting? And when if you know that to?

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Sim-sala-bim, the Great Karnac knows all and his prediction is sealed in an envelope in a mason jar sitting on Funk and Wagnal's porch. The answer to RU's question will be revealed on Saturday afternoon. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, feverishly shaking the magic eight ball!

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Hey Ebbtide, where's the info? Unfortunately this isn't a joke. I was told by a local dealer only 4 were going to each" E" class dealer. I'm #5 on the list at the dealership w/ my deposit. I need some answers quickly! Thanks

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
17 Participants
drolander
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing