Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I used to be ByeByeTRDHelloSRT here, but forgot my password and the recovery email doesnt work anymore. So here I am. My SRT4 ACR is long gone, last owned it in 2010 and last raced it in 2009. My ex wife destroyed it after the divorce (an ACR! :( ) But, this week picked up a PT Cruiser GT 5 speed with a similar drivetrain. So, being that I dont use Facebook as much these days, I figured Id poke my head in here. :) Plan on rat and hot rodding it a bit. Its just an extra toy :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all, I used to be ByeByeTRDHelloSRT here, but forgot my password and the recovery email doesnt work anymore. So here I am. My SRT4 ACR is long gone, last owned it in 2010 and last raced it in 2009. My ex wife destroyed it after the divorce (an ACR! :( ) But, this week picked up a PT Cruiser GT 5 speed with a similar drivetrain. So, being that I dont use Facebook as much these days, I figured Id poke my head in here. :) Plan on rat and hot rodding it a bit. Its just an extra toy :)
these are fun cars. the 5 speed getrag is really nice. slightly stiff shifting when colt but no 3rd gear grind like the t850's. ive owned many neons and a couple pts. have a 5 speed 03 gt in the driveway right now. they do fall on theyre face in 4th and 5th but with a good tune and open exhaust these things rip!!

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Congrats on getting back into another 2.4 turbo car. What color and year is yours? I too had a 5 speed 2005 PT GT in cool vanilla. It had right around 80k miles on it when I bought it. Was fun for what it was. Lots of space with the rear seats removed! But I couldn't get over how ugly it was! So I sold it. I kind of wish I still had it. Noticed MPX has offered some new nice bolt on mods for it. There is a local one for sale. But it has a slight grind going into 2nd gear every once in a while. :( I know how rare the transmissions are on those PT GT's. So I didn't want to mess with it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on getting back into another 2.4 turbo car. What color and year is yours? I too had a 5 speed 2005 PT GT in cool vanilla. It had right around 80k miles on it when I bought it. Was fun for what it was. Lots of space with the rear seats removed! But I couldn't get over how ugly it was! So I sold it. I kind of wish I still had it. Noticed MPX has offered some new nice bolt on mods for it. There is a local one for sale. But it has a slight grind going into 2nd gear every once in a while. :( I know how rare the transmissions are on those PT GT's. So I didn't want to mess with it
its a 2006 :) 20210111_142418.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts