Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, ive been thinking about all this. Its going to be hard for me to afford the srt-4 and still have $ left to have fun with it. i think i might have to go with a used RX-7, i've seen some nice ones w/ upgrades for under $18K. Also, i dont even know how long it's going to take for the srt's to arrive here in PA, it might not be until april, and i really cant wait till then to get a car. oh well :(

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Saving 2k by buying a used car isn't going to help you a lot if money is tight. You'll be spending 2k in repairs and such instead of buying a warrenty. The RX7 is a nice ride, and I love rotorys, but 18k used vs a 20k new car isn't the way to go. You'll wide up spending more in the end. How about finding a used car for 10k, like maybe a Eclipse GSt or GSX or something like that if 20's to much right now.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Hell you could get a lightly used WRX for 17 or 18. Then again "lightly" is a relative term when describing turbo cars.

-faast

·
Banned
662 Posts
Don't get a used car for $18,000 you'll be spending close to 2 grand fixing brakes (warped rotors),new wheels, worn interior etc. I bought my supra for 12,800 this january and to get it in tip top shape cost me 1,609 (spark plugs, wheels etc) also it failed emissions(NJ) the first time and I got that "Guarenteed to pass" stuff and passed :)

http://www.silverstarcustoms.com/supra/

has 88,000 miles non-turbo (RWD + snow is SCARY FUN muhahahah)

Meanwhile I would suggest to get a used WRX call me crazy but I think they looks sorta cool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
block911
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing