Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the market for a really good w/i kit. something that can be reliable. i am on a 50 trim and built head with cams. just want that extra boost and lower knock on pumpgas. any got any kits or companys that can give me some info on thier kits? im still new to w/i and wanna learn about it before i go about running it on my car. thanks in advance.


vendors welcome to chime in and offer thier .2 cents please!


1 more thing, im looking at running 100% pure meth through it as well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,359 Posts
devils own ftw, my buddy ordered a coolingmist kit and he was missing alot of shit. we had to go seaching for parts :gay:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
murrtownsrt said:
devils own ftw, my buddy ordered a coolingmist kit and he was missing alot of shit. we had to go seaching for parts :gay:

and i had 2 parts fail from devils own. yes their CS is good. but their parts arent all up to par.

coolingmist shined thru and gave me a checkvalve for free after having 2 parts fail on me from DO.

ive had no problems since. thats CS, and quality product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,852 Posts
ppx said:
im in the market for a really good w/i kit. something that can be reliable. i am on a 50 trim and built head with cams. just want that extra boost and lower knock on pumpgas. any got any kits or companys that can give me some info on thier kits? im still new to w/i and wanna learn about it before i go about running it on my car. thanks in advance.


vendors welcome to chime in and offer thier .2 cents please!


1 more thing, im looking at running 100% pure meth through it as well
It sounds like you would want an on/off style standard kit. Our versions of the kits are easy to install and as reliable as you will find. In our version, there is a boost switch that has adjustments from 1-25 psi, you set it to turn on at a specific boost, when you are at or above that boost it will inject. Its very effective and just what you need.

We have 2 versions you would be interested in.

This kit is on sale now, its been on sale as a SRT Special for a few months. i think this will be going off sale shortly back to regular price. Its sale for $299.95. Here is the link so you can read:

http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmain.aspx?pid=standardtrunkmount

This kit is similar but has no tank:

http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmain.aspx?pid=Cool150

Let me know if you have more Q's.

CM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i dont need a tank, i plan on just running it thourgh my windshierd reservour. i dont see the thing that can adjust the boost? what does it look like?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would you be able to keep the 199$ price till june 28th when i get my next check?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,852 Posts
ppx said:
would you be able to keep the 199$ price till june 28th when i get my next check?
This $199.95 price will stay on this kit for the time being. The trunkmount kit is on sale for $299.95, that kit is usually $359.95 and will go back to regular price shortly.

CM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
Sup Ppx!! Sorry ta high jack ur post. but I'm startin ta be very intrested in W/I ... I want ta runn high boost without alwayz runnin 1OOoct. Gets pricy after a while and I don't run it on the street so really 1OOoct is all Show.


My Mods are in sig. Mike said his Coolinmist W/I is the way ta go. Hey Christian help a Brotha Out. Wich one I see 2 diff ones?? 2OO sounds good ta me tho.


So question is I wanta run pump gas 18-19psi with O Kr, and 22psi on 1OOoct with O Kr is this the Kit for Me??


I will do more research while I wait for me ta make up my mind
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
RiVal said:
Sup Ppx!! Sorry ta high jack ur post. but I'm startin ta be very intrested in W/I ... I want ta runn high boost without alwayz runnin 1OOoct. Gets pricy after a while and I don't run it on the street so really 1OOoct is all Show.


My Mods are in sig. Mike said his Coolinmist W/I is the way ta go. Hey Christian help a Brotha Out. Wich one I see 2 diff ones?? 2OO sounds good ta me tho.


So question is I wanta run pump gas 18-19psi with O Kr, and 22psi on 1OOoct with O Kr is this the Kit for Me??


I will do more research while I wait for me ta make up my mind


rival, send me a pm.

i actually have a devils own meth kit.
almost all kits out are 100% identical aside frm the check valves.

i have had 2 check valves fail on me from devils own, and 1 from coolingmist.
CM sent me an updated check valve, and it works flawlessly.

cant say anything bad about DO tho. because they warrantied their check valves as well as sent me a free meth filter.

i run 21-22psi w/ 0KR.

its all in the tune tho. i run my car some what 'rich' regardless of if its just straight meth, or if its meth and 110oct.

if you have questions, drop me a pm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,779 Posts
christian! said:
i run 21-22psi w/ 0KR.

its all in the tune tho. i run my car some what 'rich' regardless of if its just straight meth, or if its meth and 110oct.

if you have questions, drop me a pm.
Hey man,

just wondering which nozzle you are using?

Maybe I need a bigger one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
christian! said:
RiVal said:
Sup Ppx!! Sorry ta high jack ur post. but I'm startin ta be very intrested in W/I ... I want ta runn high boost without alwayz runnin 1OOoct. Gets pricy after a while and I don't run it on the street so really 1OOoct is all Show.


My Mods are in sig. Mike said his Coolinmist W/I is the way ta go. Hey Christian help a Brotha Out. Wich one I see 2 diff ones?? 2OO sounds good ta me tho.


So question is I wanta run pump gas 18-19psi with O Kr, and 22psi on 1OOoct with O Kr is this the Kit for Me??


I will do more research while I wait for me ta make up my mind


rival, send me a pm.

i actually have a devils own meth kit.
almost all kits out are 100% identical aside frm the check valves.

i have had 2 check valves fail on me from devils own, and 1 from coolingmist.
CM sent me an updated check valve, and it works flawlessly.

cant say anything bad about DO tho. because they warrantied their check valves as well as sent me a free meth filter.

i run 21-22psi w/ 0KR.

its all in the tune tho. i run my car some what 'rich' regardless of if its just straight meth, or if its meth and 110oct.

if you have questions, drop me a pm.
Right on mike thanx fer the reply.

I'm actualy lookin at the CM 169or 199 kit. I like there selinoid CV.

how much more lean can u go on 91oct than the usual 11.5?? And how much more lean can u go on 1OOoct runnin 1OOmeth?? What afr's do u tune at?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
RiVal said:
christian! said:
RiVal said:
Sup Ppx!! Sorry ta high jack ur post. but I'm startin ta be very intrested in W/I ... I want ta runn high boost without alwayz runnin 1OOoct. Gets pricy after a while and I don't run it on the street so really 1OOoct is all Show.


My Mods are in sig. Mike said his Coolinmist W/I is the way ta go. Hey Christian help a Brotha Out. Wich one I see 2 diff ones?? 2OO sounds good ta me tho.


So question is I wanta run pump gas 18-19psi with O Kr, and 22psi on 1OOoct with O Kr is this the Kit for Me??


I will do more research while I wait for me ta make up my mind


rival, send me a pm.

i actually have a devils own meth kit.
almost all kits out are 100% identical aside frm the check valves.

i have had 2 check valves fail on me from devils own, and 1 from coolingmist.
CM sent me an updated check valve, and it works flawlessly.

cant say anything bad about DO tho. because they warrantied their check valves as well as sent me a free meth filter.

i run 21-22psi w/ 0KR.

its all in the tune tho. i run my car some what 'rich' regardless of if its just straight meth, or if its meth and 110oct.

if you have questions, drop me a pm.
Right on mike thanx fer the reply.

I'm actualy lookin at the CM 169or 199 kit. I like there selinoid CV.

how much more lean can u go on 91oct than the usual 11.5?? And how much more lean can u go on 1OOoct runnin 1OOmeth?? What afr's do u tune at?

i still run around 11.5-11.8. this is at 22lb. zero knock count or retard.

even on race, i only tune to 11.8.

i never tune aggressive. too much can go wrong w/ a lean tune to only gain 3-5hp. tune for pushing on the verge of safe limits and you'll end up w/ decent timing advance, w/ no knock/detenation.

i can say tho that w/ straight meth, i can essentiall run up to 23-24lb w/ 0-1knock. while if i didnt have it, 18 would be the max before i saw any KC
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
oh, and rival..

w/ straight 110, and straight meth...you can most likely tune to 12.5 and be perfectly safe. you wont gain much, but egts after 12.5. my car never sees higher than 11.8 tho.


175. i run a m5nozzle w/ straight meth. around 320hp
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top