Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
my favorite quotes from that write-up:

1) The SRT-4 logo is placed on the tachometer, just in case you forget what car you are driving.

2) The SRT-4 doesn't look like a compact commuter car -- it looks like a pissed-off sedan with a need to prove that it is more than "just" the Viper's little sibling.

LMAO

·
Registered
114 Posts
They didn't like how the power windows worked. I particularly like the fact that the window goes up and down without scraping against the seals and then "pops into place" when it gets to the top. I look at that as it's sealing itself very well at that point, something I welcome. Anyone that had a first gen with the scratched windows due to the mechanism should appreciate the SRT's.

·
Registered
426 Posts
We like the addition of the AutoMeter boost guage. We can spend all day watching that thing as we try to peg 20 pounds of boost.

^ HAHAH

·
Registered
733 Posts
Was cool they were even impressed with the handling. Kinda throws out that stupid "only fast in a straight line" excuse the ricers like to use. ;)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Great link.

I'm in love with my SRT even more than when I bought it.....

I LOV ESSSS ARRRRRRE TEAAAAAAAAAAA FORRRRRRRRR :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Good review. As far as handling in every magazine the SRT-4 gets very good slalom speeds as high as 71 mph! for the 700 foot slalom with the skinny wheels and tires!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
It's a good review but I think they were reaching a little when they said that, in terms of handling, the SRT-4 "inspires confidence". Not really. Not with that big ass up in the air. That's why I spent a bunch of money to lower it before I'd even made my first monthly payment on the car.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Steiner said:
It's a good review but I think they were reaching a little when they said that, in terms of handling, the SRT-4 "inspires confidence". Not really. Not with that big ass up in the air. That's why I spent a bunch of money to lower it before I'd even made my first monthly payment on the car.
I agree with you all the way. I used to go to santa cruz a lot when i had a Spec V and take the turns like they where free!! But when i got my SRT4, it felt like the backend was gona lose it a lotta the times. Thats why i spent mkost of my money on suspension mods first. Im not knocking on the SRT4, i love mine dont get me wrong. Im just agreeing with what he said. BTW, i go to castro valley sometimes, i know a girl friend that lives there. . . ill PM you next time i go, we can compare mods... :lol:

·
Registered
539 Posts
I dunno.. they sure had a lot to say about the back seat being bad. Jeeze.. all my friends do is compliment me on the comfortable back seat! And the doors popping? umm.. I think they got a bad example. Still, they loved the car, and that's what really matters!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
THE AN$WER said:
I agree with you all the way. I used to go to santa cruz a lot when i had a Spec V and take the turns like they where free!! But when i got my SRT4, it felt like the backend was gona lose it a lotta the times. Thats why i spent mkost of my money on suspension mods first. Im not knocking on the SRT4, i love mine dont get me wrong. Im just agreeing with what he said. BTW, i go to castro valley sometimes, i know a girl friend that lives there. . . ill PM you next time i go, we can compare mods... :lol:
Yeah...my last car was a Spec V too. It felt like it handled better even though I don't think it was capable of outhandling my SRT-4.

I just moved to San Ramon. Got any girlfriends over there? :jester: I'm going to the meet in SJ on Thursday night. I'll see you there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.