Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on a new/used car, what would you get instead of the SRT-4? Let's leave out the "I'd buy an SRT-4 and would use the extra $10k to mod it" stuff. Oh, and be sure to say why you would want car X.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
RUgoinup said:
...on a new/used car, what would you get instead of the SRT-4? Let's leave out the "I'd buy an SRT-4 and would use the extra $10k to mod it" stuff. Oh, and be sure to say why you would want car X.
NEW: 2004 Mitsu Evolution VIII

USED: Suzuki Swift GT (due to the stock weight of 1775lbs)

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that car (evo) even available yet? I bet they try to mark them up as well! How fast is it and will you be able to mod it like the SRT?

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I think the estimated price is a little under $30,000. Here's an article.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0303scc_lancer/

Oh, I'd get a Skyline GTR. :lol: Anyone giving one away??

·
Registered
6 Posts
A good friend of mine is in the position to purchase a car for around 30K. He just drove the Evo and said that it was pretty sweet. But he is considering the enthusiast 350Z, the Evo, and the new WRX with the driver adjustable differential and the six speed. All are around 30K, maybe a little more. I told him to get the Evo b/c I wouldnt want to wait around for the WRX. Either way you go, for 30K you will get a sweet ride. By the way I would never spend 30K on a used car. But their could be some exceptions.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called Brandon Mitsu & they want $5k over MSRP when they (Evo's) arrive in 2 weeks. NOT!

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
srt4obcession said:
i'd have to go with a 95 mazda rx-7 twin turbo, they're about 15-20g, then id put a new engine in it and HEAVILY modify it
Those RX-7's are fast but they are very problematic from what I hear.
RX-8's looks take some getting used to.
The Supra is a great car all around but people want too much for them even w/ high mileage.
Mustangs are nice but I'd hold out for the new design in '05.
350 Z looks sweet but no back seat is a bummer.
Never seen a Swift or a Skyline/other than on a video game.
Hate gold rims, so much for the STI. Could trade or sell them I guess.

Since most here like it, if you could get an Evo at MSRP that would be the best bet!

Anymore suggestions people?

·
Registered
20 Posts
There's also the Infiniti G35 coupe. I've seen more that one article where auto reviewers preferred it to the 350Z. It's a slightly longer wheelbase, has a back seat, looks similar and the engine is virtually the same. And so is the price.

·
Registered
864 Posts
RUgoinup said:
You get your choice of gold or anthracite, assuming you order the car of course. I'd buy a Legacy GT, swap in an H6 and turbo it. My crazy Subaru dreams...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
RUgoinup said:
You get your choice of gold or anthracite, assuming you order the car of course. I'd buy a Legacy GT, swap in an H6 and turbo it. My crazy Subaru dreams...
I'd wait a bit for the turbo Legacy, it shouldn't be long now :lol:

-faast

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
some import kid at my work said that the evo is a high maintnance car? is that true he told me that u cant even change the rims cause it voids the warranty :?:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'd have to choose between:

new STi WRX (6-speed controllable differential AWD)
SRT-4 along w/ an old 2.5 RS
a JDM gc8 impreza wrx (the old school ones 2-door)
Spirit R/T along w/ Dodge Avenger R/T
Acura RSX
Down Payment on the SRT-10
and a whole box of sweedish fish.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
RFMan said:
There's also the Infiniti G35 coupe. I've seen more that one article where auto reviewers preferred it to the 350Z. It's a slightly longer wheelbase, has a back seat, looks similar and the engine is virtually the same. And so is the price.
are you sure the g-35 isnt a 350z?

·
Registered
4 Posts
they are not the same, but they are!
As in the engine is almost the same thing, the body sure looks similiar... But one is Infiniti and the other is a Nissan(Yeah I know, same company)...I do believe the g-35 is over 30k however(Infiniti under 30k? thats getting cheap now)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
18 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing