Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi my knock sensor in ems was reading 0to0.2 all the time since yestesday it start to fluctuate around 0 to 0.24 anything wrong with the sensor maybe?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I'd look at your sensor connections. Usually a bad ground will cause the level to float. Make sure it is clean between the block and sensor and double check your connections. It should be fairly easy to ohm out the wires if you are handy with a multimeter. The manual for the EMS has the connector pinouts for it in the back of the book.

You can also hook up the laptop and wiggle the connector and see if you can get the knock volts to go to zero.

Check out your log at 16.500. There is a little spike of 0.97V at that time frame where the timing advanced almost two degrees. Might not be anything significant, but then again may be worth looking at.

What are you using to log? The PC or the EMS? (not that it matters for the constant 0.2V Knock Volts).

I am usually showing about 0.0195 of knock volts when there is zero noise.

Oh and slow the hell down...lol.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL

I use the ems to log file I mean I log to ems via my laptop then I press f6 so record a log.
I will check out the wire this morning an make sure the block is clean . Will post back the result after thank you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi well I checked everything an no prob at all no where.Don't know why he was acting like that for .. Now everything is back to normal 0.00 to 0.002V at idle or cruise ..Strange

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I understand that this is an older thread but I looked at your log and that was certainly a sensor issue. when the knock is linear with rpm it is usually just noise. there was a spot in there that looks like it could actually have been knock though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
never2muchboost
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing