Dodge SRT Forum banner

idiot clutch install.....by local shop

437 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NeonDan 
#1 ·
Just wated to share a story with you guys to really be carefull who you take your car to. Basically a kid comes into my shop totalk about a product. He somehow mentions that he is having a clutch nstalled by another local shop. Anyway what really matters is he ask how do you get the cluch out. I say what do you mean how. Just drop the tranny and unblt the tranny it not hard.He responds no i mean how do you get the clutch off. I say again just drop the tranny and unbolt it. He says, well the guys at the shop have had my car since 10am ***note is after 5pm now....and they cant get the clutch off the flywheel. Well his car is a SRT-4 with a modular clutch design. Which means the clutch pressure plate and disc are mated to the flywheel. I said to him all you have to do is unbolt the bolts that hold the clutch assembly to the flywheel. The bolts are on the backside of the flywheel. He says the shop is gonna use an air chisel to take the rivets off the clutch. I started to laugh and said you are lucky the SRT gets a new flywheel with most of the clutch kits that are sold. I he didnt have a new flywheel then I hope he doesnt mind having some guy use an air chisel to do a clutch install. Im not sayin we are the best but damn can you at least buy a manual if it the first time working on a car you never worked on before.

#2 ·
my friend just had his Stage 3i he got from you installed at www.racerelated.com . it took em bout 6 hours and the car is running like a champ...same day install at that :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.