Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everybody i had mentioned i got my intake in friday b4..dave did the install and as usual was very helpful..first off let me just say the directions that came w/ the intake are useless..if you ordered this intake dont even bother to read them..they leave out half of the steps needed to do the install correctly..theres alot of shit you have to take out..move around..electrical tape to be cut..headlights to come out etc etc..so here are some pictures.this is my first time posting pics so if they dont work..my bad..some may be dark or hazy..one is it was getting dark and battery life was almost gone..leave some feedback...

It begins

with a little test fit of the tubing itself...trust me it is the tightest fit ever..but it fits ..

from a dif angle..look at all the misc. tools that had to be use..it gets worst...

it was gettin dark but a different view of the bend into the fenderwell

here is a pic of the blue filter in the fenderwell...

mic. pic of the intake in place along w. a test fit of the battery...oh so snug...

Dave at work ...

this is where it went ugly after the battery was put back in we went to put on the battery tie down but guess what..one side was drilled or tapped wrong and the tie down would not go into place..only way to fix that was to retap as seen in this pic..

and the final pic and end result =

I must say according to the butt dyno there is def. some power gain which isnt too common from intakes..it just sounds so bad ass..i havent heard a intake like this one yet..very aggressive and the piping never gets more then luke-warm..awesome system..alot of work but well worth it...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alien_ware_2003 said:
i get red x
really its showing up over here damn damn damn

·
Registered
381 Posts
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone have a better host

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got two pics and a bunch of red X's :martini: ;it took along time for those to download and I have a broadband connection. However, your link to the images worked just fine!

I'm interested in the Iceman but just how noisy is it? I had the K&N CIA on for a wile and it was pretty noisy but I can live with it if I have to for a few more HP.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
kmart888 said:
I got two pics and a bunch of red X's :martini: ;it took along time for those to download and I have a broadband connection. However, your link to the images worked just fine!

I'm interested in the Iceman but just how noisy is it? I had the K&N CIA on for a wile and it was pretty noisy but I can live with it if I have to for a few more HP.
its loud but not so loud you can't live w. it ..from 2500 - 3000 rpms its just a suction sound and if you let off you hear a flutter..if you floor it its goes from a sucking sound to a screaming whistle..it just sounds very sweet..not annoying at all..i heard the k&n and this intake does have more flutter to it cause of how its made..

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Woohoo all fixed..leave some feedback and enjoy

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SORDZ said:
looks good, too bad i have a optima battery...
not sure about the optima battery dimensions but it mite be able to work depending on size..if its a lil smaller the battery tie down is there for a reason...but if its bigger you will have problems

·
Premium Member
6,329 Posts
Looks really nice, but I think I have one concern. It appears the attach point at the turbo is not a soft flex tube. If that is true, I'd have to wonder what the impact will be on that joint from engine flex over time? The closet flex joint appers to be down at the entrance into the fender well. What ya think?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
where it connects to a turbo is attatched just like every other intake it seems..a silicone piece just like what you see when it enters the fender..it is held on by 2 clamps..there is some flex but not much..but the way the system is designed theres no way in any situation overtime it will cause failure..it is a nice system..if i head to import wars this weekend feel free to take a look yourself...

·
Premium Member
6,329 Posts
That's good then. I'll look for you and take a peek. Looks like a nice unit. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Looks good man! You had it in the right hands. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.