Dodge SRT Forum banner

Iceman Intake owners please read??

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  JohnL 
#1 ·
I'm awaiting the delivery of my Iceman Intake. My consern is the battery fit issue. I have a 2003 with a build date of 6/2003. Could those with a 2003 please check your build date of your car (located on drivers door, white sticker when you open the door).

Could you please post your build date and if you had any issues with the install of the iceman intake.

Thanks

#2 ·
JohnL said:
I'm awaiting the delivery of my Iceman Intake. My consern is the battery fit issue. I have a 2003 with a build date of 6/2003. Could those with a 2003 please check your build date of your car (located on drivers door, white sticker when you open the door).

Could you please post your build date and if you had any issues with the install of the iceman intake.

Thanks
Build date shouldnt have anything to do with this install. The Iceman intake relocates your battery no matter what year car it is.

It doesn't look like its that hard.

#3 ·
chubz,

the issue is with the terminal style, ealry 03 evidently had a bigger terminal on the ground connection, which caused the fit issue.

#5 ·
we'll, I hope the one I just ordered from modernperformance is one with the correct battery tray. I'm excited and nervous about the intake. I'm pretty much sold on the stock air box (I've tried the aEM short ram, IPP intakes)... I don't mind the extra noise, I just want a good performing intake and from what I've read on the forum the iceman does perform well.

I also want a little bling bling in the engine bay... I'm painting my strut bar today yellow, to match my new intake...

#6 ·
iceman

ive got mine and what sold me is the quality of the intakes and how awesome they sound at WOT. When i ordered mine from modern no instructions were recieved so heres the origin, take a look hope this helps http://www.icemanmotorsports.com/Installation/Dodge/SRT4 Installation Instructions.pdf also if anyone has any pics of theirs installed with say a picture of the lower vacuum lines routing and such lemme know i would like to see it :buah: the lines that originated in the airbox especially. right now i have one particular line that i cant find the origin of that i believe came off the airbox that i have tied into the valve cover breather with a 3/8th tee. hook a fellow honda hater up!!! :eveilgrin

#7 ·
i got mine i have an early 04 model build date of 12/23/03 and i had no issues w. the battery ..but just the battery tray had to be re-tapped for the battery tie down..only issue..it is a super snug fit..but it's a well designed system and the new found power/sound of the intake is worth it

#9 ·
Thanks for the responses, The intake is now installed, I will be posting a follow up on it later today. From my butt dyno, the car does run better, and I love the sound........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.