Dodge SRT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started putting on my intercooler about a week ago and WOW, this is the most annoying install ive ever done. I spent about an hour a day for four days to get it done and im only at 10lbs of boost so i need to tighten all the clamps when i get a chance. Let this be a warning to everyone out there...Intercooler installs SUCK.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
If you need help, call me up! I have done about 15 FMIC installs, lol! :thumbsup:

I did Luke's for him, and had to do some "custom" fabrication to get his on there, lol! :lol:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had to "fabricate" the radiator, fan housing, and ecu. Also had to chop off part of the hard pipe. Now i need to tighten up these clamps and get the bumper back on sometime this week so i can drive it.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
mikebrink28 said:
had to "fabricate" the radiator, fan housing, and ecu. Also had to chop off part of the hard pipe. Now i need to tighten up these clamps and get the bumper back on sometime this week so i can drive it.
WTF! What FMIC did you buy? :wah?!:

·
Banned
8,712 Posts
All that extra work had to be done for a Quickwhips???? :wah?!: I don't know about you, but that is not worth it for a QW.

·
Registered
310 Posts
cca took me 2 hrs

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
merlin00069 said:
This is not what i wanted to read..im doing my QW on wednesday!
Good, i hope you have a rotten time installing it sell out.
You get what you pay for. :)

Hey i can lend you my plazma cutter if you want, it cuts like butter. YOu can drive your car with no fmic on so you know cause we have a map sensor.

·
Registered
898 Posts
It took me 4-5hrs each time, but I work slowly. I didn't find it too difficult either. Nothing compared to a bs chain, or clutch, or turbo kit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
while eating lunch and doing it all by myself it took me 2 and a half hours to complete everything. and mine is 24inches long 12inches tall and 3.5inches wide i think you got a crappy intercooler or something is wrong with your mechanic skills oh and by the way that was my first time ever taking the front clip apart

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
What the hell is wrong with you people.. If it took you more than a couple hours, maybe you shouldn't be working on cars.. Either that, or you just need the right tools for the job. I have done 3 FMIC installs, and I could probably knock it out in less than an hour. It's not that hard, you just have to know how to do it more efficiently.

The only thing I ran into the first time I was installing one was getting the damn hotside pipe on it. Which led me to the one and only trick I know to make it easier. And that is to put your hotside pipe "loosely" on the IC first, then gently "coax" it through the hole. Mount the IC and tighten everything up. Seriously, this is socket rience.

Oh and btw, I have the QW IC and I had no problems whatsoever getting it mounted up. Just gotta drill the holes in the right spots or you are going to have a really "fun" time getting it to mount up! ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
The-Violator said:
What the hell is wrong with you people.. If it took you more than a couple hours, maybe you shouldn't be working on cars.. Either that, or you just need the right tools for the job. I have done 3 FMIC installs, and I could probably knock it out in less than an hour. It's not that hard, you just have to know how to do it more efficiently.

The only thing I ran into the first time I was installing one was getting the damn hotside pipe on it. Which led me to the one and only trick I know to make it easier. And that is to put your hotside pipe "loosely" on the IC first, then gently "coax" it through the hole. Mount the IC and tighten everything up. Seriously, this is socket rience.

Oh and btw, I have the QW IC and I had no problems whatsoever getting it mounted up. Just gotta drill the holes in the right spots or you are going to have a really "fun" time getting it to mount up! ;) :thumbsup:

same here took like 2 hours tops and i was messing around did both cca and qw. how long did it take to get the front clip off lol.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:

Hey i can lend you my plazma cutter if you want, it cuts like butter. YOu can drive your car with no fmic on so you know cause we have a map sensor.

wow
hating on another vendor :thumbsup:

·
Registered
437 Posts
i have doe two agp big fmic it took about two hours. :clap: the hardest thing was drilling the holes to line in up. other than that it was a piece of cake :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:

Sometimes the wait isnt worth is Hector. Richie at QW was very professional and got the IC to me within a week. I bought my exhaust from you because it came highly recommended and i love it.... but dont hate on someone trying other peoples parts. Just like anything if this doesnt meet my expectations then ill buy another one....but with comments like that...i might go with another vendor. Im trying to run the gambit of parts in order to find out whats best. There are two other ways you could have approached this....PM me and start yapping...which would have been fine...or offer me a better price for the Beast. I still want the ED hardpipes...because i hear they are the best..Thanks for the support Hec. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Front end........................10 minutes
Removal of crash bar/ IC....10 minutes
measuring/drilling holes.......10 minutes
Installation/Fabrication.......still not complete

·
Administrator
14,452 Posts
first time around

with hectors 2nd gen intercooler... took me 1:15 mins

2nd time with the monster IC

took me 45 mins with hardpipes ;)

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
yeah if you gotta do all that to make that thing fit i'd pass that headache off to someone else and buy a ic that fits. back to the ol u get what you pay for. i've done 3 installs so far the first was 2hrs the next two just over 45min. easy as pie.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.