Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the IAC motor is controlled on the SRT4? I know the motor is a stepper motor that recieves a squarewave signal, but i need to know the following...

Frequency of the signal?

What Pin 28 for IAC return does?

Does the IAC pull up ground to move the the motor or is it a 5 or 12V square wave signal?

Reason being is my Haltech EMS only has one wire output for a stepper motor. The original wiring for the Haltech has it controlling the motor at 200Hz via a BAC motor control. Which i believe is one input to power the motor and the other wire on the motor leads to ground.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
This is what we used when we were using the Tec3r before the AEM-EMS and the Electromotive came out for the SRT4 back in the old days.
I would recommend that you start with this, I don't recall though which is the 12volts, Control or Signal.;(

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hybridkid, thanks for the message!

I just figured out the solution through a Haltech forum. The #1 pin or "signal" is a constant 12V and the #2 pin is a controlled low from the Haltech EMS. It appears the picture you uploaded is a axial rectifier which passes only a high or a low on each side of the IAC motor from the anode and cathode of the rectifier. This will allow the motor to step up or down depending on the frequency of the input +/- signwave. The frequency I'm running to it from that Haltech is at 200Hz and seems to be low enough to make the idle transition and motor movements smooth without irradic idle movements.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hybridkid, thanks for the message!

I just figured out the solution through a Haltech forum. The #1 pin or "signal" is a constant 12V and the #2 pin is a controlled low from the Haltech EMS. It appears the picture you uploaded is a axial rectifier which passes only a high or a low on each side of the IAC motor from the anode and cathode of the rectifier. This will allow the motor to step up or down depending on the frequency of the input +/- signwave. The frequency I'm running to it from that Haltech is at 200Hz and seems to be low enough to make the idle transition and motor movements smooth without irradic idle movements.
Im running through the problem of the iac cables been cut and attempted to re wire , but cables became loose and separated im giessing , iac code reading low after my attempt to re wire how i thought it could go but didn'tn work. For me . got 2 wires coming from main thick harness and 2 coming out of that one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts