Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mixed up some meth and distilled water about 51/49 water/meth. I tried several full-on settings on the controller from 14psi-25 psi but it doesn’t hold HOM. Then I tried a bottle of outlaw octane booster in about a half tank of 95 Still no HOM. Lastly I bit the bullet and paid the $6 a gallon to top off the just over 1/4 tank of 93 with octane booster with shell V-power 100 octane still no HOM. So far I have noticed two things with the WI in HOM first the car doesn’t feel as strong second HOM holds to about 5100 before dropping vs the normal 4500. I guess I will try pulling out my MM inserts next :(

This is with S3r, Wuss bar and plate IC with sprayers on, JMB Ultimate intake, 100 psi pump and an M5 nozzle near the intercooler outlet. I had to temporarily go back to stock exhaust until maxxfab finishes up

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
using the stock exhaust could be a problem. your car has learned that it can flow X amount of air out of whatever your old exhasut was, so its relearning, not to mention the stock piece is restrictive, so you are getting realyl hot on the backside.

also, with the water injection, you are going to be able to reduce detonation quite a bit, but the PCM is still playing its own tricks. i bet if you spent some time with a SAFC or MAP clamp and tuned it with HOM turned OFF and used the WI you could get the same result as if you had HOM on. it just takes a little time and effort, thats all.

·
Registered
541 Posts
b4tn said:
I mixed up some meth and distilled water about 51/49 water/meth. I tried several full-on settings on the controller from 14psi-25 psi but it doesn’t hold HOM. Then I tried a bottle of outlaw octane booster in about a half tank of 95 Still no HOM. Lastly I bit the bullet and paid the $6 a gallon to top off the just over 1/4 tank of 93 with octane booster with shell V-power 100 octane still no HOM. So far I have noticed two things with the WI in HOM first the car doesn’t feel as strong second HOM holds to about 5100 before dropping vs the normal 4500. I guess I will try pulling out my MM inserts next :(

This is with S3r, Wuss bar and plate IC with sprayers on, JMB Ultimate intake, 100 psi pump and an M5 nozzle near the intercooler outlet. I had to temporarily go back to stock exhaust until maxxfab finishes up
Mine wouldn't hold when I had the sprayer before the AIT sensor. Two things that helped was moving the injector to after the AIT right before the TB and adjusting the pump output to 150 psi.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I originally wanted a 150 psi pump but they didnt have any in stock. I have the 100 psi set on full right now. So far all S3r that I have seen hold HOM had 150 psi though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
b4tn said:
yeah, I originally wanted a 150 psi pump but they didnt have any in stock. I have the 100 psi set on full right now. So far all S3r that I have seen hold HOM had 150 psi though.
Yeah, I really think you have to flow a lot to hold HOM with S3, I know mine freaking guzzles Meth :lol: It's not really a problem except I have a small ass tank so it calls for frequent refills. I think mine felt a bit faster on actual race gas as well, but that's probably has to do with running really rich with the injection(makes big ass fire balls when I WOT though :clap: ) I plan on addressing this soon though. I also have a scan tool so I can compare timing with race gas vesus the injection and 93. As soon as I can get a couple gallons of 104 in I'll post my results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts