Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I just bought an srt4 yesterday so im new to the forum. I was just wondering what you guys thought about the price I paid. It's a 2005 dodge neon srt4. Only mods are an AEM cold air intake, aftermarket fuel injectors (I think theyre 1000cc). It also has a brand new clutch, flywheel, throw rod, the whole deal. body isn't perfect. It shows its age but it could be worse. Interior is in amazing shape! It only has 79k on it and drives great. Dealer wanted $7900. I got it for $7000. Thoughts comments? I thought it was reasonable especially with the low mileage. Just curious to see what y'all thought. Thanks!
~ Caleb

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Decent if it's in good condition and runs well. I doubt you have 1000cc injectors though. More likely stockers since you have no other mods, otherwise you would be over fueling like crazy (assuming no dsp rescale).

Pics

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Sounds good so far. Lets just hope this is one of the few that was taken care of.
I'm sure as you learn more about this car you will find it was more than likely more modified. That's fine and as long as it was put back to stock, neatly. Not all slapped together.
Even though your drivetrain has been gone through keep an eye on 3rd gear popping out. Known tranny failure issue. You can use the search button to read up on this.
Enjoy the car and use the search button and goggle before asking the same questions that have been dealt with thousands of times. ppl are happy to help you out but trying to figure it out on your own or getting more details by simply researching a bit helps you and everyone trying to give solid advice. Pics help too.

No tickets in the 1st 6 weeks while your out racing everyone :rofl:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback! I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can. And when I went to look at the car, a friend of mine went with who is good with these cars. He knows for sure the injectors are aftermarket. And we think the previous owner had a bigger turbo installed and returned it to stock to sell it. It's definitely running rich which proves our theory even more. My buddy guessed that they were 1000cc cause he has 700cc on his and these are a good bit bigger. But idk for sure. Is there an easy way to check what size they are? And the syncros are good. Shifts clean and smooth. Thanks for your help! Ill get some pictures up in a few days

1 - 5 of 5 Posts