Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so lets race.

I have a 2002 wrx with purple rims. Anyone who lives around sacramento area and wants to put an end to which is faster?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
There will never be an end to this. IN fact is safe to say its yet to start. This will be going on for years.

What mods do you have? Ill tell you off hand which will win. I own an srt and i ahve driven alot of Rex (sell rex DP).

If you have UP, DP and catback you will loose to a stock one from a 10mph role.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have purple rims, a turbo timer, and i have cut springs.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest i dont care who wins or loses just want to see how fast your cars are.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Honestly, you will loose with out a doubt unless you have hidden mods.
From the whole you will pull but when the srt hits 3rd gear it will real you in hard and pass you by the time it gets into 4th.

Go to www.nasioc.com and do a search on the SRT-4. I went to a WRX gathering and handed my keys to a couple of rex guys. They came back looking like this:

:shock:

·
Registered
484 Posts
why are WRX owners such sore losers...why can't they face the fact that a cheaper, faster car is out there?

soon, there WILL be a car that is better/faster than the srt-4 too.
They can't stand that there is another sedan for under 20k that is faster, yet is only 2wd instead of 4.

And notice they always have an excuse for losing...

- yeah but take the srt-4 in the turns and it's toast
- the engine will fall out at 20,000 miles
- it's a neon
- yeah but it's ugly
- etc.

all i have to say is "grow up"

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Honestly, you will loose with out a doubt unless you have hidden mods.
From the whole you will pull but when the srt hits 3rd gear it will real you in hard and pass you by the time it gets into 4th.

Go to www.nasioc.com and do a search on the SRT-4. I went to a WRX gathering and handed my keys to a couple of rex guys. They came back looking like this:

:shock:
I got the same look from the Subie guys over at JIC, and they have some nice WRX's over there. All one of the guys said was "That thing needs limited slip like I need money!"

And with cut springs, you aint gonna be taking me in the corners, thats for sure. :lol:

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
who has the fastest srt4? non stock of course.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
i'm not saying anyhthing about the purple rims, but ...CUT SPRINGS?
I'm not trying to talk crap- you but plz get that changd asap- seriously, i know some1 who almost died from lowering their car "the cheap way" ---

Also- if you race an SRT-4, like ED sed, u should probly only race 'em up to 60mph for 2 reasons: 1) it would smole you after that and 2) i wouldnt want u to kill yourself cuz your car didnt handle very good changiing [email protected]

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry they are not cut the fron set is re sprung due to the wonderful WRX nose lift.
So it sits even fron and back.

sorry not cut..

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I think the WRX vs SRT battle is great. It's like the Camaro vs Mustang battles of the 80's and 90's. Look at it this way, with competition it'll just push each manufacturer into making their car better year by year. The end result for us is we have faster cars. 8)

-faast

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice thing about wrx's is that they can make alot of power when tuned properly.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
ATP Turbo out in Cali has run a 12.9 with a fairly stock SRT4

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that is pretty sweet a 12.9 not bad. Has anyone sacked up and tryed any larger turbos or SEM systems? Btw i wont be a dick anymore you guys at least in this thread are pretty damn cool. (the people in the street kills forums do you guys shame). The dyno plot above is from my car, that is wheel horsepower not crank. I was actually intrested in picking up a srt for daily driver as a EVO is a bit pricy with insraunces factored in. I still would like to race an srt4 or at least take a ride in one. (ill take you for a ride as well).

My car is as you can see pretty modified, has larger turbo larger injectors larger fuel pump. Tec2 engine management, custom 3in exhaust up pipe down pipe lowered , racing brakes, and yes purple 18's.

Anyone from sac area want to take me for a ride?

G

·
Hey WRX... I'll race ya in my car?

I dont know why everyone gets penis envy... there is always a faster vehicle. Why cant people be happy with what they've purchased and be glad that other people can do the same?

Car wars bug me....

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dude you have a deal always wanted to see how i would do against a nice supra.

You live in nor cal?

Wold be for fun of course, maybe we can grab a beer or something after, if timing is right we can time it around a supra or wrx meet int he area as well.

*lips are drooling*

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and for the record, i am serious about possibly getting a neon would make a nice daily driver.

Nice run btw

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.