Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE have any new rims? (and if so, what size of course) I would love to get a new set, but i'm not sure which size to go with. i'm thinking 18x7.5 with a 35mm offset, and a 225/40-18 tire.... but i'm just afraid i get them and they won't fit or something.. ya know :?:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you know what offset those wheels are? and which tires are you going with? i think if i went with a 215/40-18 i would get the yokohama parada spec 2. 8)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
mdhavi18 said:
do you know what offset those wheels are? and which tires are you going with? i think if i went with a 215/40-18 i would get the yokohama parada spec 2. 8)
Right on, dude! Those are exactly the tires I'm getting. Those Parada Spec-2's should rock! The wheels have a 35mm offset. They're 5Zigen Super Six's in hyperblack.

·
Registered
119 Posts
First off, why 215s? Widest that will fit? 225s will fill out the 7.5" better.

Anyway, how much different are the spec 2s than the first ones. I'm running 225/40/18 Parada's on my 18 x 7.5" rims (WRX). I would absolutely NEVER buy these again. They have lasted me about 8k miles, and have really fallen off the last 1500 or so. And NOISY, let me tell you. These things resonate worse than any 33 swampers I've ever heard. I can't turn the radio loud enough to compensate.... Just FYI

VV

P.S. They look cool tho :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I spent awhile talking to Discount Tire about the tire size. Their computer shows that a 225 would require fender modification. I know that someone else has put 225's on an SRT-4, but I think he used the stock 6" rims. It would be wider on a 7.5" rim. He also believes that I would lose some performance with that wide of a tire. Now I'm sure there will be a flood of replies to this thread saying that that's all BS and they don't know what they're talking about, but I don't want to chance it. I'll let one of you guys experiment with the 225's. I can always get wider tires next time.

The Spec-2's may be loud, but everything I've read about them has been positive. My car is already very loud, with the 3" exhaust, BOV, and firm motor mounts. What a little more noise, eh? :wink:

·
Registered
119 Posts
drolander said:
I spent awhile talking to Discount Tire about the tire size. Their computer shows that a 225 would require fender modification. I know that someone else has put 225's on an SRT-4, but I think he used the stock 6" rims. It would be wider on a 7.5" rim. He also believes that I would lose some performance with that wide of a tire. Now I'm sure there will be a flood of replies to this thread saying that that's all BS and they don't know what they're talking about, but I don't want to chance it. I'll let one of you guys experiment with the 225's.

Don't blame ya there

I can always get wider tires next time.

The Spec-2's may be loud, but everything I've read about them has been positive. My car is already very loud, with the 3" exhaust, BOV, and firm motor mounts. What a little more noise, eh? :wink:

Gotcha. I just know it would have made a difference in my purchase, so I put it out there FYI. I like engine sounds, etc...but not droning.

The rims are light! Only 13.8 lbs for an 18" wheel.

I wish mine were. Mine are well over 20 lbs. a piece :( My next rims (not sure what they will be on though :p) will be 17 x widest_possible with Falken Azenis.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
can someone suggest some decent looking charcoal wheels maybe 7-7.5" wide that would fit and not weight a lot?

like sub 200$ range if possible. not really sure what i'm looking for so any help would be appreciated

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Wasp you can look into the Rota Slipstreams, SSR Competitions or the Centerline RPM

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
just got off the phone with Centerline and they offer:

-Centerline RPM in 5x100 lug pattern, with a 42mm offset, weight of 13.51lbs :shock: for $349 each :? :shock: in Black Pearl, Silver, White and Polished

The SSR Competitions are about as much as the Centerlines but a bit heavier in 17

The Rota Slipstreams are offered in 17 but i have to check and see what offset

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
acr2nv said:
just got off the phone with Centerline and they offer:

-Centerline RPM in 5x100 lug pattern, with a 42mm offset, weight of 13.51lbs :shock: for $349 each :? :shock: in Black Pearl, Silver, White and Polished

The SSR Competitions are about as much as the Centerlines but a bit heavier in 17

The Rota Slipstreams are offered in 17 but i have to check and see what offset
Finally damnit, so it is 5X100? OMG MUHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah these may be on my car come August, even if I have to have the fenders rolled for $25 a fender

If your going to upgrade, might aswell do it right the first time :wink:

*Edit

I don't think there is anything wrong with the stock wheels, so I'm still torn but hey.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah these may be on my car come August, even if I have to have the fenders rolled for $25 a fender
what exactly is "fender rolling", i've never heard of it? and do you think with this "fender rolling", u'll be able to fit a 225mm wide tire? thanks.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
since i have begun looking.... 17x7 will fit 215's?

will 17x7's fit the srt without rubbing? what kind of offset do i need?

thanks

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
mdhavi18 said:
what exactly is "fender rolling", i've never heard of it? and do you think with this "fender rolling", u'll be able to fit a 225mm wide tire? thanks.
Here in arizona ya use a baseball bat between the tire and fender....yeah....

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/exel/gt7gm.gif

what do ya think of these? free shipping, 799 for the set.

gotta find out how heavy they are though

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I've been quoted for Centerline RPM's from $240-$260 a piece. $349 is the retail price not the accual price FYI.

The RPM's are what I'm getting, and Have been from the start. Can't beat the wieght for the price :D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
still wondering what kind of offset you need....

also what size tires does a 7" wide rim handle and what size does a 7.5" width rim handle?

thanks (new to messing with wheels/tires)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts