Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
yeah...nitrous is your only hope if you wanna make 320whp on the stock turbo...read around there's a thread out asking if anyone has hit 300whp on the stock turbo yet...and so far the closest is 295.

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
they can take 450whp easily as long as you keep it fuel happy.

it's going to be hard to do 320whp on the stock turbo unless you upgrade to the super stocker or and upgraded compressor and turbine wheel in the stock turbo.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
srtowner said:
Stage 3 and the turbo sill comes from Mopar,so technicaly it's still stock.
How does that make it technically stock? as it's an upgrade and didn't come with the car (and it will void your powertrain warranty).

DCX (who sold you the car) != MOPAR Performance Parts (who sells aftermarket parts for DCX vehicles).

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Houmack said:
or here, maybe you guys can answer this... How much WHP do these car need to hit 12's? I want mid 12's.. and at LEAST 110MPH
i'm guessing i'll need 300+

you should probably get slicks, motor/tranny mount, psi-fi traction bushings, go to the track and see where you are at right now.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right now.. I'd probebly due the 1/4 in 55seconds.. cause i'd have to run it. :stab:

But no, a friend of mine who is also on these forums, has an SRT-4 and i'm in the process of getting one. SHOULD have it today. Waitin on the call from the dealer.

The only reason I want it going mid 12's is cause I had a 95 Camaro Z28 that I did 12.5 with at 113MPH on street tires. Gotta love TQ. I dynoed 360RWHP and 358RWTQ with it. I know i'll never have the feel of a V8 with one of these SRT-4's, but they seem to be fun enough to drive around. And they're more practical for my life right now. I was JUST gonna buy a 2001 WS6 LS1. With a STS Turbo kit, BONE STOCK to the manifolds, JUST the Turbo, they Dyno 430RWHP with 5.5PSI!!! But, that deal didn't go through. So i don't know what i'm going to do.

My roomate has a Y2K C5 with 380RWHP and that thing moves. I want one, but that's way out of my price range right now.

So yea, that's the storey.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I don't know what I was making w/o nitrous but I trap 111-112 on the stock turbo. In a 3085lb car that should be around the 300whp range and 330ftlbs range.
I DID dyno 380whp and 425 ftlbs on the stock turbo w/ nitrous and supporting fuel mods.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
you should probably get slicks, motor/tranny mount, psi-fi traction bushings, go to the track and see where you are at right now.....
Kitty,
I agree with you...slicks will make a huge difference on a car like the SRT which has traction problems...slicks will most probably drop a 1/2 second off your times regardless of the mods...so with a bone stock srt you should be mid13 as you sit, all you need is slicks...

But i think this guy's saying he wants to run 12's on the street...street tires and all.
Drag radials are definitelly gonna help, so i'd get those in 17" for the stock wheel, unless you don't mind driving around on the 15's in the front, but talking street combo 12's...meaning street tires, car that handles, stopps...etc. well...

That's what i'm trying to do with mine, ON A STOCK TURBO.

So far i've got Stage 2 w/toys, CCA intercooler, Iceman CAI/Iceman TB, Nemo intake manifold, Nemo cold UPP hardpipe, Walbro 255 FP, 3" O2 back full exhaust w/muffler, short shifter and a 75 shot of whipped cream gas. We shall see next week what it will dyno and run the quarter at... I'm so excited with this, I'm ready to shit all over myself.

As far as times go, we'll see how it'll do in street trim (full interior, no carbon fiber nothing, stock rims/tires)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Khryz said:
Stage 3 + Race Gas + Exhaust = 370 whp and 380 wtq. There you go.
When's this stage 3 coming out? and how much is it supposed to go for?

Don't you guys think it would be cheaper and better to just mod the car out to what the stage 3 is ? with out mopar?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Short-Shifter w/booger bushings, Stage 1, AGP Wastegate Actuator, Boost Controller, Intake, Exhaust, Psi-Fi PowerPaq, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, & Drag Radials...With this set-up and a tank of 100-octane gas, u can run a 12.6 in the 1/4 mile.

Now you can throw some other goodies on top...Iceman Throttle Body, remove the cat, huge intercooler and you will do a tad better, then of course u can throw on a set of slicks on and run low 12s.

i don't like spray either, but with a big shot of nitrous and you could run an 11.9...just throwin that out there!

Mopar Stage 3 alone with just an exhaust should run a mid-high 12 sec time. So Stage 3, with exhaust, intake, control arm bushings, drag radials, big intercooler, short-shifter, and throttle body should run mid 12s pretty consistently. but nobody has seen a stage 3 car run so its hard to say. only the Lightweight one in SCC that ran a high 11 w/slicks...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.