Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:crying: how would i know if my turbo is shot its still boosting and i dont hear any crazy noises but the dealer is trying to tell my turbo is shot i just went there for them to try to find an oil leak and a coolant leak,and wanted then to check my evap shit cus its trowing a cel and its running madd rich so rich its leaving black residue on bumpercover:crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,939 Posts
take your intake off and check the turbo for shaft play. If you're not hearing any strange noises i.e. it doesn't sound like an S/C cobra then your turbo is probably fine. Tell the mechanic at the dealership to get the fuck out from underneath your hood if he's gonna try to pull a fast one like that again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill play with the turbo when i get the car back what do u know about the running rich stuff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,939 Posts
depends on what the cel code is. These cars run pig rich from the factory but if your check engine light is on for something drastic the car could put itself into limp mode. Find out what the code is then post it up on here and we can tell ya how to fix it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,329 Posts
is this a stock turbo or aftermarket?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they said cus the turbo is making a noise thats why its shot it sounds like it got too hot and overheated it thats what they said and it is a factory turbo nothing is done to the car other than it had a turboxs bov whice i took off cus it was seized up but the stock one was still working and still is and all the other stuff is under warrenty,and ill keep u guys posted ill find more out tomarrow when they start to work on it to fix it and ill let u all know what was causing it to run so rich and thanks for all ur support:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,939 Posts
1188 is an overboost code...has nothing to do with an evap line or anything like that. you can just reset your pcm to make it go away
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,406 Posts
Well lets see you were overboosting and your BOV seized up and forced the air back into the compressor...sounds like a bad turbo to me now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
Turbocruiser13 said:
take your intake off and check the turbo for shaft play. If you're not hearing any strange noises i.e. it doesn't sound like an S/C cobra then your turbo is probably fine. Tell the mechanic at the dealership to get the fuck out from underneath your hood if he's gonna try to pull a fast one like that again
not the case with ball bearing turbos.. when there is no oil flowing it has a bit of play
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
some more info for ya guys/gals

:crying: no its not under warrenty:crying: and they are now saying that the turbo is bad cus there is blow by and the oil is blowing right out of my exhaust wich is true do the fact that my bumper is covered in black dots and there is wet black type shit in the tips. iam funking pissed i only had this car for 3 weeks now or so and there is so many problems,and the that cel code 1188 is not a overboost they are saying that its an inlet pressure sensor and solenoid and that will solve all my running rich and air fuel metering problem. I hope so.And how hard is it to replace wheel bearings and oil pan gasket, and i have to put the exhaust manifold heatshield on there is none if someone has a pic of one that would b great. and what color does the oil pan come from the factory? mine is red is that normal or did somebody tery to paint it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,578 Posts
fastneon2003 said:
:crying: no its not under warrenty:crying: and they are now saying that the turbo is bad cus there is blow by and the oil is blowing right out of my exhaust wich is true do the fact that my bumper is covered in black dots and there is wet black type shit in the tips. iam funking pissed i only had this car for 3 weeks now or so and there is so many problems,and the that cel code 1188 is not a overboost they are saying that its an inlet pressure sensor and solenoid and that will solve all my running rich and air fuel metering problem. I hope so.And how hard is it to replace wheel bearings and oil pan gasket, and i have to put the exhaust manifold heatshield on there is none if someone has a pic of one that would b great. and what color does the oil pan come from the factory? mine is red is that normal or did somebody tery to paint it?
Oh you bought the car w/o warranty u mean .

I have the wet blk shit too.. But my car runs fine with 11k.
Reset your PCM if you haven't already.
Oil pan you can do. i'd take it to a shop for the wheel bearing. ur pan is painted. You can get a heat shield from PTP performance for 20$...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,939 Posts
Nasty_NAS said:
Turbocruiser13 said:
take your intake off and check the turbo for shaft play. If you're not hearing any strange noises i.e. it doesn't sound like an S/C cobra then your turbo is probably fine. Tell the mechanic at the dealership to get the fuck out from underneath your hood if he's gonna try to pull a fast one like that again
not the case with ball bearing turbos.. when there is no oil flowing it has a bit of play
Lol, I am well aware of that...but homeboy's complaining about warranty work so I figured he probably wasn't goin in there to get his 3147 worked on:rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
na i got a warrenty with the car but its bullshit they are not covering nothing and the oil pan comes painted:flame:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,253 Posts
fastneon2003 said:
na i got a warrenty with the car but its bullshit they are not covering nothing and the oil pan comes painted:flame:
Go to a different dealer, it should be covered under warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wekk it comes to find out that my turbo is shot it was blowing oil like a motha fucka it was blowing it right out the exhaust as for the cel it was airinlet sensor and solenoid problem solved and it didnt cost me a thing:thumbsup: thanks for all ur help guys and girls.:clap:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top