Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya so i had my car now for like 2 weeks...the clutch rattles like none other..fuckin grinds 3rd and sometimes 4th in normal driving..i havent even opened the car up yet.this really scares me to think of wats to come

·
Registered
658 Posts
Stock Srt-4 said:
Ya so i had my car now for like 2 weeks...the clutch rattles like none other..fuckin grinds 3rd and sometimes 4th in normal driving..i havent even opened the car up yet.this really scares me to think of wats to come
ehh flywheel bolts loose? (i think?) take it to the dealer and tell them to check it out.. they should fix it for free

·
Registered
802 Posts
u think its terrible, u have to realize that when ur first gas light comes on, its only been 9 gallons.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Stock Srt-4 said:
and my cars gettin terrible mileage
whats ur mileage? anyways your mileage will get better after a few thousand miles.. so just take it easy til then.

and take it to the dealer to get your first problem fixed

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya it juss pisses me offf that this is happening to a brand new car..also my exhaust is crooked and the car pulls to the left..hahah

·
Registered
676 Posts
as for the clutch sorry to hear it agree take it to the dealer. gas milage come on you bought a hot rod, it hit me to but you get over it. as for the car pulling again you bought a hot rod its not a indy car, now if your talking about it pulling on a strait road with out road crown youll have to take i up with dealer maybe they align it after 2 week and somany miles it all depends on wether warr. is going to pay for it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Clutch chatter is normal. The transmission is really heavy-duty, its used on semi trucks and what not, its nto the smoothest tranymissions out there, it clicks into gears its not grinding, get the Mopar STS and booger bushings it will fix it.

When the gas light comes on, it take sabout 9 gallons to fill up, its not that bad just a small tank =)

All of our stock exhausts are crooked to one side. Cant explain your car going to the left tho.

·
Registered
796 Posts
you've had the car for 2 weeks dude, your still in break in! gas milage is going to suck of course. plus this is pretty much the biggest 4 banger you can get and it comes with a turbo slapped on it. dont complain man, my 5 slow gets 16mpg and thats when i drive like a granny. as for the clutch, make sure your pushing it in all the way. if you are, then make sure the clutch slave cylinder is full. if it is, then hello mr. dealer.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Stock Srt-4 said:
ya it juss pisses me offf that this is happening to a brand new car..also my exhaust is crooked and the car pulls to the left..hahah
aligment? (did i spell that right? ehh >.<)

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Could someone remind me if this car comes with a warranty or not???? oh yeah it does....quit your bitching and use your warranty....damn......

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah...mine has 650 miles on it and the clutch chatters when your lugging it at low rpm's (not a biggie). Gas mileage is okay @ 17 mpg...beating on it. The only negative is the small gas tank. This thing is a cream puff compared to my Stang (Epix referred to his 5 slow)....8 mpg and you want to hear clutch chatter...what do you expect from a 10 sec 1/4 mile ride.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok i get it ise the warrany...hey also today i was shifting and the knob came off..haha i was laughin, but it sucked

1 - 16 of 16 Posts