Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides my car eating lots of fuel and creaking and crackling in the below freezing temperatues.. My clutch seems to slip when the temperature is cold outside?? anyone else get this with their cars? My car has done this since ive bought it but its recently gotten really bad.. Today (6 deg) dint slip at all..while at night time it tends to slip like mad. Weird i tell ya.. my damn car is haunted :lol: Oh did i also mention that my damn boost gauge looks like its dancing all of the time while under full throttle and in low rpm :stab:

Looks like its time for a new clutch for my new Twin turbo setup that i got for my Gt35r :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Turbolag87 said:
Besides my car eating lots of fuel and creaking and crackling in the below freezing temperatues.. My clutch seems to slip when the temperature is cold outside?? anyone else get this with their cars? My car has done this since ive bought it but its recently gotten really bad.. Today (6 deg) dint slip at all..while at night time it tends to slip like mad. Weird i tell ya.. my damn car is haunted :lol: Oh did i also mention that my damn boost gauge looks like its dancing all of the time while under full throttle and in low rpm :stab:

Looks like its time for a new clutch for my new Twin turbo setup that i got for my Gt35r :)

BS, I think is that home made ketchup.. I meant catch can. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluert said:
BS, I think is that home made ketchup.. I meant catch can. :lol:

:lol: all is gone my friend.. i dont use a catch can system anymore as my pvc is now vented into the atmosphere.. soooo :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
Danny You're making more power when it's colder outside, and I think it's just enough for your clutch to start slipping, I can bet you this... up the boost by 2 psi and your clutch will slip in the warmer weather too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pablo said:
Danny You're making more power when it's colder outside, and I think it's just enough for your clutch to start slipping, I can bet you this... up the boost by 2 psi and your clutch will slip in the warmer weather too.

I run 23psi in the warm weather and the clutch doesnt slip. My car has being doing this since i bought it brand new.. did it last year and this year again but only this year its really noticable. I'm thinking its my slave cylinder not liking the cold weather?? Mind you i was only running 18psi falling to 16 today :).. Has my meth/water tune done this? :LOL:
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top