Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
90% of the ppl on them don't know shit about what they are talking about. Nore have ever even bothered to search the forums. Could not take the stupidity any more had to leave it... Made be shamed of owning a srt4 knowing there are those types off ppl on the Facebook group pages... Just sad.

·
Registered
11,952 Posts
it's same all over. jeep FB pages are just as bad... ex: claiming $200 daystar lifts work just as well as $1000+ proper lift kits. (hint... they don't.)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It's starting to get under my skin... people asking for help but not willing to help themselves (on facebook).
The pissing contest over who can guess the right failure or repair is comical.

·
Registered
453 Posts
90% of the ppl on them don't know shit about what they are talking about. Nore have ever even bothered to search the forums. Could not take the stupidity any more had to leave it... Made be shamed of owning a srt4 knowing there are those types off ppl on the Facebook group pages... Just sad.
You shouldnt let others influence how you feel about your car. Pity the fools because they probably have low self esteem and other inadequacies. I've recently checked out those SRT-4 facebook pages and the level of stupidity there is incredible. There's even a srt4 hate page that just made me laugh.

https://www.facebook.com/fukyourSRT4/ --- this is a joke. The guy who started this page probably lost his girl to somoene with an srt4.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Right? I laughed so hard. The hate from the page owner sounds too personal. He probably lost a race like Ja Rule did in fast and furious and lost Monica to an SRT4 driver.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
i'll be one to admit, i know sweet eff all about srt-4's. that's why i joined the groups, and this site, so i can learn what to and not to do. however, i do try to figure things out myself, that's part of learning. plus it helps for buying parts, and i haven't been burned yet knock on wood. there is always gonna be haters with anything in life, trollers, losers etc, that are gonna bash people just because. just let it roll off your shoulders, life is too short.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Facebook

It is unfortunate that in A LOT of automotive circles, we have to sift through all the bullshit to find what we are looking for.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
It is unfortunate that in A LOT of automotive circles, we have to sift through all the bullshit to find what we are looking for.
That used to come from racers not wanting to reveal their secrets. These days though it comes from lack of basic knowledge.

·
Super Moderator
15,688 Posts
I was on about four or five different Facebook SRT-4 sites. The largest one was just atrocious, constant pictures of garbage SRT-4 cars, shit ass stretched rims and slammed, ugly as sin and completely NON performance, in fact, ANTI performance. Horrible paint jobs, colored tint, goofy LED lighting.

I found myself asking "why am I even on these pages???"

Finally one got posted up, with people going on about "Oh that is TIGHT", NO, it looked like he had 13" rims with 6" spacers behind them, and at a 30" angle bent inwards towards the car. I told him flat out that his car looked like a Honda and a rusty VW had a shit baby.

Apparently he was one of the mods friends or something, because that was my last post on that site lol. I deleted all the other memberships to anything SRt-4 related, it was like watching idiots in high school. When our cars became available for Honda money, the Honda type people started doing Honda shit to them. I can't watch that happen.

I deleted Facebook altogether shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I was on about four or five different Facebook SRT-4 sites. The largest one was just atrocious, constant pictures of garbage SRT-4 cars, shit ass stretched rims and slammed, ugly as sin and completely NON performance, in fact, ANTI performance. Horrible paint jobs, colored tint, goofy LED lighting.

I found myself asking "why am I even on these pages???"

Finally one got posted up, with people going on about "Oh that is TIGHT", NO, it looked like he had 13" rims with 6" spacers behind them, and at a 30" angle bent inwards towards the car. I told him flat out that his car looked like a Honda and a rusty VW had a shit baby.

Apparently he was one of the mods friends or something, because that was my last post on that site lol. I deleted all the other memberships to anything SRt-4 related, it was like watching idiots in high school. When our cars became available for Honda money, the Honda type people started doing Honda shit to them. I can't watch that happen.

I deleted Facebook altogether shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
11,952 Posts
I just want to start collecting parts (and possibly cars) for cheap.

Reactions: UbIlln

·
Super Moderator
28,327 Posts
When I've told people to search the forums first, a few have said that the information here is too old.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
When I've told people to search the forums first, a few have said that the information here is too old.
I believe it is because of being lazy and wanting instant gratification/information, even if that information is difficult to find and incorrect on FB.
The car has been around awhile so they are correct that it is old but not outdated as the NSRT-4 was limited production to begin with and now 12-14 years old.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Well, to be fair... who's still using a map clamp? and bigger wastegate actuator?
True but that technical progression all happened and is still here for them to Search and Find.:wink:
The biggest innovation is the tuning of our PCM, everything else was parts availability because adding power and handling is basically the same whether it is a RX-7, Supra, SRT-4/8 etc.
The PCM access was actually available back when but was shutdown pretty fast by Chrysler threatening lawsuits.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts