Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I been thinking alot lately....I have a few performance parts sitting in my basement to be installed on the car but I also have warranty which I don't want to throw away. I really want to get some more performance for my car but I don't think I should risk it... I was also thinking, maybe i should go a different route like doing a couple of visual mods to make the car look more sexy

whats your opinion about this should I just keep the warranty?

·
Registered
746 Posts
how much warranty do you have left? you could always take the parts off if you had to take it in for warranty work

·
Forum Moderator
3,188 Posts
I Guess the only thing I can say is, I started to go the show car route and then I started to put a few performance parts and now I have S3R and all the toys as well as all the supporting mods and I am seriously considering taking out the stereo and gutting the interior...In regards to warranty well I know that I will have probably no luck but I have also heard of people who have no mods and they still get their powertrain warranty void by a District Mgr. becuase they feel a Mopar BOV caused a tranny issue or some other non-related B.S. :cow:...So for what it is worth I think the real plan is to know someone who is a great mechanic(s) and someone in the DCX parts dept. that can help to resolve any issues that might come up.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am in the same situation as yourself. I also have some parts WG BC and a few others sitting around here not installed. My car has been to the dealership three or four times for warranty work. TPS three times. I have STG 1 and a leaking Blue Plate that was installed by the dealership on the demo. That is another thing I have noticed here in Ottawa. The dealership installs Mopar CAI, STG 1 and BOV on some cars before they are even sold. How could they then void a warranty for a Mopar part? I think I am going to go for some simple bolt ons and try to keep the warranty as long as possible. I think there may be a few problems with the SRT-4 and I don't want to pay to fix them.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
blksrt404 said:
...In regards to warranty well I know that I will have probably no luck but I have also heard of people who have no mods and they still get their powertrain warranty void by a District Mgr. becuase they feel a Mopar BOV caused a tranny issue or some other non-related B.S. :cow:...So for what it is worth I think the real plan is to know someone who is a great mechanic(s) and someone in the DCX parts dept. that can help to resolve any issues that might come up.:thumbsup:

What Jeff said...X 2 !! :eyebrow:

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
do the visual mods 1st...i see alot of milkshakes with SRTs spending a shit load of money on the motor (shit blowing up, selling their turbo kit the next week to buy a mountain bike and crap like that all the time)

why? because they are idiots...personally i would go for looks 1st....i think everyone who has ever PM'd me asking me about what they should do to their car i tell them

1st - lower it
2nd - rims
3rd - drive it and enjoy the car

forget all this stage 3 - AGP 300 Trim and this GT56789FAG garbage

go for looks and have a nice car that you can drive and not worry about the warranty being voided or shit blowing up

oh yeah and it does help if you are in the loop :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
kaminarineon said:
forget all this stage 3 - AGP 300 Trim and this GT56789FAG garbage
Damn....where can I get me one of these 300 trim turbos :eeeek:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
White_Zzzzz said:
Damn....where can I get me one of these 300 trim turbos :eeeek:
300 Trim Turbo:

·
Registered
944 Posts
kaminarineon said:
why? because they are idiots...personally i would go for looks 1st....i think everyone who has ever PM'd me asking me about what they should do to their car i tell them

1st - lower it
2nd - rims
3rd - drive it and enjoy the car
Aren't you forgetting the 3rd step - sway bars? (I picked up the hotchkiss kit today :thumbsup:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i was thinking exactly what kaminarineon said by just putting rims on and lowering the car.... it would of been a different story if I knew a good machanic.. but also i have the extended warranty, i think its like 7 years or 100000km, im not too certain right now.....as for the parts i have i just might sell them or keep them until the warranty is done :(

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dulluzions said:
yea i was thinking exactly what kaminarineon said by just putting rims on and lowering the car.... it would of been a different story if I knew a good machanic.. but also i have the extended warranty, i think its like 7 years or 100000km, im not too certain right now.....as for the parts i have i just might sell them or keep them until the warranty is done :(
Look at it this way, if you mod your car performance wise and it breaks, can you affoard to fix it if the dealer voids you? If you can't than maybe hold off on the go fast mods for a bit and concentrate on looks. You dont have to make it a track beast over night. Take your time and think things through and you'll only have to do things once. I'm sure you plan on keeping the car for a while, so you have lots of time to mod it. Its fun to have a car thats stupid fast but its much more enjoyable to have a worry free reliable car that is pretty quick even in its stock form.

P.S. Dont take advice from the GTA guys, they all have money trees in there back yards (j/k) :readclose

1 - 13 of 13 Posts