Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive started the install of my Stage 3 clutch tonight and Im all the way down to removing the bolts out of the flywheel and lowering it out of the car. Question is whats the best way to get the flywheel bolts out. How do you prevent the thing from turning while trying to loosen the bolts? Also theres a quick connection that requirs a tool 6638A I believe it was, is there anyway to unhook this with out the tool cause no one in town has one.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I had someone hold the crank nut located in the passenger side wheel well. This will kep everything from turning.

If this is the connection that feeds the slave cylinder, it's a bitch, but you have to push the outer ring all the way in and then the piece will seperate. It's a pain in the ass, but do-a-ble.

Steve B.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping the connection would disconnect in that way but I didnt want to force it without knowing. As far as the crank thing, Im on my own on this install so I guess Ill just have to jam the crank pulley up and do it. Thanks for the help man.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:hi: Install is still under way. This is a time consuming install. Its not been that hard except the fact of trying to line the transmission back up and get it up in the car by myself, that was a pain. Anyways the trans is back in and Im starting to hook up the odds and find out some torque specs. Steve Im PMing you to ask another question.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Hey, would a flywheel holding tool like I used on my S-10 Blazers TH700R4 tranny work for this? Long handle, teeth to engage the wheel.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
glhs837 said:
Hey, would a flywheel holding tool like I used on my S-10 Blazers TH700R4 tranny work for this? Long handle, teeth to engage the wheel.
What I did was just to put a breaker bar on the crank bolt and wedged it against the car. It works put it would still be alot easier just to have someone hold the breaker bar while your tighten/loosen the bolts.

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
being that I have dropped the transmission on this car 2 times to change out a clutch, I am pretty much aware of what to do with my eyes closed!

Ask away next time. plus i have the fsm which helps with torque specs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.