Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want that part that makes the whoosh sound louder and i wanna get mopar so the warranty is gonna be cool. I know the prices are cheap this week so i wanna get them soon. Is the part i need called Mopar Blow Off Valve Conversion Kit and how difficult will installation be.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but how hard will the installation be, will i be able to do it or am i gonna have to find someone to do it for me?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Depends...how good are you with a power saw and flashlight? Honestly, some people have problems, others not so much. Depends on your level of skill in following directions and doing the labor. At least I have heard this comes with directions, I could be wrong, adding the woosh sound to my car isn't worth it to me, no gains, illegal in CA, makes people automatically expect more. Id rather lay low and surprise people. Good luck.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Do it yourself. All you need is a 10mm offset ratchet wrench (go to sears) and some patience. Its 3 bolts man.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Notice Is aid patience. It may take a while bc the bolts are kind of a pain to get to. Shouldnt take more than 2 hours.

·
Registered
289 Posts
ahhhhh yes, i remember when I said Im gonna do it! and then I waited for the turbo to cool down (which seems like never) and then enjoyed about 2 hours of wrist-breaking bolt work on the 3rd and final one. Which i admit is the best bolt because once the BOV is in place (if you don't drop it) it's now ever HARDER to get the bolt. YUCK, im getting sick thinking about it again. Especially since I want to take it out now but the work just makes me think twice.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Not to go off topic--But I am also thinking about buying the conversion kit but I have mixed opinions about it. Does anybody have any sound clips of how it sounds???

thanks
orion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts