Dodge SRT Forum banner

I need some encouragement...

918 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Grunge 
#1 ·
I realize the cars are arriving soon and all I have to do is wait. Since I originally looked at a Spec V first, the dealer called me today asking me to come down and take a look at what he has. He made sure to add that line, "Would you be willing to make purchase tomorrow, if the right deal comes along?" Is there any comparison in buying the Spec V and adding turbo? If the right deal comes along and I can get it at invoice, can turbo be added for the $3000 I save? There is no way I'd even consider the Spec V unless it's a really sweet deal. The Spec V doesn't have the horsepower that the SRT 4 has, but it does have LSD. I realize that doesn't make up for the HP. Today, I'm 98% sure I'm getting an SRT 4. Yesterday, I was 100%. Any kind words are appreciated to get me back on track. Thanks.

#2 ·
hey

Put the SPEC-V pipe down!
Spec-V is a nice little car man, a bit more elegant interior than the SRT, and around 17K, but what will you do when I blow by your a** at half throttle?

Seriously, its a nice car, but if you dont NEED it now, I say wait man.
Dont know how much aftermarket stuff is there for the spec-v, and by the way, a friend of a friend ( whom I raced b4) manages a 15.4 bone stock out of his Spec-V.

Cali

#3 ·
Grunge, you are one of the SRT-4 pioneers as far as this board goes IMHO. To see you cross over would be a serious blow to our (those of us waiting) moral! You know you could go to S fla if you really needed it ASAP. As far as the OTHER car, my brother was considering it until I talked him out by saying the same thing Cali said, how are you going to feel when I fly by you! I think the SRT-4 looks sweeter anyway. Take another look at Raps pics, that should set you straight!

#4 ·
Dood, if you need a car now, drive down south and pick up an srt. I'm going from Michigan.. And a lot of others on this board are driving from around the country. Before you settle on the rest, just drive a few hours and buy the best. I recommend Fairbanks, Maroone Pembroke, or Arrigo. Look them up on the dodge website, and give em a call. All three of those offered the car to me at MSRP, and I know fairbanks and Arrigo are getting a number of SRT's... probably in your color too :)

#6 ·
Slow5OH said:
Apparently, Spec V engines don't like to be turboed. That's what I've heard anyway, food for thought. :?

-faast
Spec-V + turbo = voided warranty

#7 ·
RUgoinup said:
Slow5OH said:
Apparently, Spec V engines don't like to be turboed. That's what I've heard anyway, food for thought. :?

-faast
Spec-V + turbo = voided warranty
AMEN!!!!

SRT4 + MORE TURBO = MORE KILLINGS TO BE HAD :twisted:

#12 ·
Grunge said:
Thanks for reminding me why I wanted an SRT 4 in the first place. Why settle for second or third best, when you can have number 1. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
All's well that ends well! Welcome back!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.