Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2004 dodge neon srt-4 it has 110k miles full 3 inch straight pipe aem short ram intake big fmic with hard pipes and aftermarket bov td05h turbo with a agp wastegate i have only owned the car for 2 days i drove it home from the guys house rides great sounds great but sometimes at wot it will pop and like fall on its face on the wideband the afr is between 13 and 14 i have a digital boost guage and its reading 24psi i am unsure of any other mods that could potentially be done to it but my question is can i fix the problem with a dsp and if so which one would you reccomend any feedback will be appreciated because i am not going to drive the car until its 100%

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
i would guess you're seeing an overboost issue. TD05 is a stage 3 turbo, but you didn't mention the car having the stage 3 PCM. Which would lead me to believe it probably doesn't have 3 bar map and tip sensors. The OEM sensors are 2.25 bar, which max out at 18psi. If this is the case, the PCM cant see how much boost you're running, and therefore cannot compensate with fuel. 13-14 AFR (AT WOT) is way too lean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am unsure if it has a stage 3 pcm how can i find out if it does and i legitimately purchased the car the way it is so to be sure i am just going to go ahead and get 3 bar and tip sensor do you think i would get by with hooking up a boost controller and lowering it to 18psi

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
i am unsure if it has a stage 3 pcm how can i find out if it does and i legitimately purchased the car the way it is so to be sure i am just going to go ahead and get 3 bar and tip sensor do you think i would get by with hooking up a boost controller and lowering it to 18psi
post some pictures of your engine bay. specifically around the turbo/wastegate and the intake manifold.

if you wanted to turn the boost down, the AGP wastegate is your boost controller.

dont rush off to buy parts just yet until we've identified what you're starting with. until then, try to stay off full throttle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay i will take some pictures when i get home this evening thank you for your help i will be sure to add the pics when i get off work

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
5 Posts
Hi was curious if you got this resolved? Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like your running out of fuel. car falling on its face and all and 14 a/f. Be careful running out of fuel like that. that’s how things break.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts