Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..im trying to install my hks bov but i cant get the snap ring to close it keeps popping out of the snap ring pliers! im so frustrated any one know an easier way or how i can get that ring to soften up a bit?

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
you have to use special pliers.. i beleaive they are called snap ring pliers.. there have been 100 of topics on this.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
read what i put ...i AM using snap ring pliers it just keeps slipping and to close that thing u need tremedous force, not to mention the angle its in makes it even harder.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
oh sry bud missed that. free bump.. not to sure as i have a tial BOV, v clamps are a bit easer

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the funny thing is now i lost the ring....trying again to close it, it snaped off the pliers and went flying somewhere into the grass...im screwed now...:(

·
Registered
519 Posts
i used the snap ring pliers to close the gap, and put about the back half of the ring into the seat (?) and then... carefully removing the pliers, the ring stayed in place.... but the front end stayed up... then i just eased the front end in place with my fingers.

it really is a poor design as far as installation/removal goes..... how the f' is that thing supposed to come off if i ever need to get a new hard pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts