Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to say hey and let everyone know the PT GT AUTOSTICK is a blast to drive. I lowered it 2" and it corners even better than stock. It is no race car but finally has the balls to match it's looks,IMO. I finally gave up on getting the dealer to install the rear stabalizer bar that the sticker says it has but is not on the car. some kinda tSB they put out...Owell, Chrysler 1, me 0. Peace out!

KB

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
do you have any pictures? if not take some, and take some of inside the engine bay too.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok....

yeah, I have a few pics i put up this weekend. I'm waiting for it to wrm up a bit so i can install my triple guage pillar pod. Then i'll post up pics of it also. So much for the drought here in MD eh? i'm in Frederick

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
hehe, yeah. except they keep saying we are in a drought. its still illegal to wash the cars. sooo stupid. thats cool you live in frederick. do you ride bikes too?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Re: ok....

KBzPTGT said:
yeah, I have a few pics i put up this weekend. I'm waiting for it to wrm up a bit so i can install my triple guage pillar pod. Then i'll post up pics of it also. So much for the drought here in MD eh? i'm in Frederick
(Sing with me now...It's a small world after all...)

Sweet PT, KBzPTGT...just be careful zippin' & zoomin' around Frederick. My brother is a cop there! :lol:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm waiting on these damn turbo upgrades for the SRT-4. I wanna be like a sheep in wolf's clothing. But this thing is SO F'ing heavy. LMAO! I've been talking with the Level-10 transmission folks. They say they can bullet proof the AUTOSTICK up to 600hp and make it faster shifting than a 5 speed. I'm still waiting for their 2nd reply back.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: ok....

Sweet PT, KBzPTGT...just be careful zippin' & zoomin' around Frederick. My brother is a cop there! :lol:
well if he's a cop here, tell him to sit on 40 and start getting some of these ricers outa here. 4 or 5 nights a week the little bastards pull up and rev on me on my way home from work.
Their like gnats in the summertime (hand waving in front of face)
LoL!

·
Registered
864 Posts
KBzPTGT said:
I'm waiting on these damn turbo upgrades for the SRT-4. I wanna be like a sheep in wolf's clothing. But this thing is SO F'ing heavy. LMAO! I've been talking with the Level-10 transmission folks. They say they can bullet proof the AUTOSTICK up to 600hp and make it faster shifting than a 5 speed. I'm still waiting for their 2nd reply back.
I've heard good things about Level-10 in the subie community, so I don't doubt their claim. I'm doubting that type of performance is cheap though...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Someone contacted Level 10 and was told they could rebuild the 42LE tranny (the tranny on the 2G LH cars) to handle 600hp and get a performance torque convertor for a total of $2962. Not cheap, but not outrageous either and well worth it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Warlord187 said:
Someone contacted Level 10 and was told they could rebuild the 42LE tranny (the tranny on the 2G LH cars) to handle 600hp and get a performance torque convertor for a total of $2962. Not cheap, but not outrageous either and well worth it.
Werd.. that's the price quote they gave me. Not sure I like how my tranny shifts, kinda slushy i think. But it is the 1st auto i have driven in 15 years, so who knows... Before i shell out that kinda ca$h, i'll need more HP!

·
Registered
48 Posts
KBzPTGT said:
Werd.. that's the price quote they gave me. Not sure I like how my tranny shifts, kinda slushy i think. But it is the 1st auto i have driven in 15 years, so who knows... Before i shell out that kinda ca$h, i'll need more HP!
I know the engine is fairly new, but there should be a ton of aftermarket stuff pouring out here shortly. I would bet the first thing to get would be a new chip to turn up that boost! :)

Granted they are different, but I think the shifting on my car (which does have Autostick) is pretty clean. Of course I have never driven a manual so who knows. :) Maybe put in a couple of bottles of the Mopar tranny anti-foam? It's suppose to firm up the shifts and I noticed a little more firmness in my shifting when I put in two bottles.

The PT Turbo and the SRT-4 are pretty sweet, but I'm waiting for the Dodge Magnum SRT-8 in AWD. :D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ASE chips told me they had a chip upgrade in the works. When i contacted them a months later they said no one will lend them their GT, so no chip upgrade :( :evil: Seems like soeone in Cali could step up. It's kinda like the 2 guys that are willing to make GT exhaust upgrades. One was in Ga. and one was in Fl. Way to far for me to help out, i'm in MD. There has to be a GT owner in those 2 states to step up and help out! PLEASE! LMFAO!

·
Registered
5 Posts
KBzPTGT said:
I finally gave up on getting the dealer to install the rear stabalizer bar that the sticker says it has but is not on the car. some kinda tSB they put out...Owell, Chrysler 1, me 0. Peace out!

KB
Regarding the missing sway-bar... Does the PT use independent rear suspension or the beam axle design like the older FWD Chryslers? The older FWD Chrysler cars with the beam axle has the sway bar integrated into the housing. They were usually 7/8th inch hollow tube welded end to end. You could drill them out and weld in a solid sized bar of your choice. If the PT has a beam setup, it may be the same way.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, it's a beam axle. DC said they upgraded it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love ours, too!

:lol:
We got ours last Saturday and we've been smiling ever since! Looking for some more power and hope to work with Exhaust Depot to help that out a little. Keep on Cruisin'!
Joe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
14 Participants
NeonDan
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing