Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn u can see every little tiny thing on it!! i can see the swirls from the carwash already :? i even notice a little scratch at the top of my car :cry: guess that what i get for getting black .

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
(immediately scribbles out black as first choice and writes in silver) Darn Water Spots!!!!! :evil:

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
xither0ckxi said:
damn u can see every little tiny thing on it!! i can see the swirls from the carwash already :? i even notice a little scratch at the top of my car :cry: guess that what i get for getting black .
After seeing that picture of your black SRT fictiously lowered I wouldn't be complaining about owning that color, it looks SWEET!

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey xither, i heard that, this black is freakin me out. I went to put tha meguires 3 stage cleaner, polish and wax on it. When i was talkin tah polish off, i started to see scratches and i started freakin out. i left tah polish on there for days cus i was scared to scratch tha car more. If you are a perfectionist and want to keep your SRT perfect, do not get black.

If i had to do it over again, i would have got silver.

·
Registered
534 Posts
aww man...sorry about that...but w/ a good polish and in the summer time it will look sweet!

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Would it be in incredibly bad taste for an owner of a silver (and current owner of a black GLHS) to mention how glad he is that he bought silver? :) If so, ignore this post.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Polish

SRT stunna

hey xither, i heard that, this black is freakin me out. I went to put tha meguires 3 stage cleaner, polish and wax on it. When i was talkin tah polish off, i started to see scratches and i started freakin out. i left tah polish on there for days cus i was scared to scratch tha car more. If you are a perfectionist and want to keep your SRT perfect, do not get black.
I can't believe you did that!
The cleaner is for those with paint/clearcoat problems old paint jobs and not for NEW CARS! Glaze YES, Polish NO ( to many misconseptions between companies of what polish is), Wax YES, Car wash Yes, Soft sponges and terry cloths Yes, Rags NO.

Do it right and take your time.
-James

·
Registered
534 Posts
xither0ckxi said:
but black owns all colors at night 8) when u cruisin
Werd 8)

·
Registered
175 Posts
My current car ('00 civic si) is black...and I wish I had gotten blue for the same reasons. I cans ee all the swirl marks and scratches....it really bothers me. However, it looks really good in evening light...and even moonlight.

My SRT-4 will be silver :wink:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I almost bought silver, and that'd would have been the smart choice, but black looks so damn good. Everybody has silver cars, blah! I'll just have to stock up on wax and car wash supplies :)

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Hate to say it, but Black is, was, and will be my choice of colors. It takes some more work to keep up with, but it is worth it in looks.

Went to a Mopar Club car show over the weekend with mine, and took 2 trophies. 1 for "top 20 drivers choice", and the other one a 1st place for best in class.... :twisted:

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
If you live around a lot of dirt roads and dust and volcanic ash and salt ,IMO< silver is the best color other than tan or white, which is not currently available.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
RaptorRed said:
Hate to say it, but Black is, was, and will be my choice of colors. It takes some more work to keep up with, but it is worth it in looks.

Went to a Mopar Club car show over the weekend with mine, and took 2 trophies. 1 for "top 20 drivers choice", and the other one a 1st place for best in class.... :twisted:

I'm jealous , but not for much longer!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
i want a silver one........a freshly waxed silver car with a nice glaze.......oh man that is beautiful.........but it looks like black for me.......but im a detailer so it shouldnt be too hard to keep up, first thing is first, paint sealer, then a good wax and glaze

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
RaptorRed said:
Congrats! 8)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
17 Participants
mrmixitup
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing