Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004, about 30k on it. For the last week or so once the car is hot I am getting some burnt oil smoke coming from under or around the turbo area. It is not alot, but it is enough to notice.

I don't have a catch can, but I also have not had this problem before. Is this due to the oil blow-by situation? Can you tell me where is the oil gathers so I can simple green or engine degrease the area?

I tell you what, after the car went out of warranty in Feb, 1st I got the ABS sensor, then the ICA valve wires split, now I have burning oil stench. I am starting to worry about this car...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Steve The Bluesman said:
2004, about 30k on it. For the last week or so once the car is hot I am getting some burnt oil smoke coming from under or around the turbo area. It is not alot, but it is enough to notice.

I don't have a catch can, but I also have not had this problem before. Is this due to the oil blow-by situation? Can you tell me where is the oil gathers so I can simple green or engine degrease the area?

I tell you what, after the car went out of warranty in Feb, 1st I got the ABS sensor, then the ICA valve wires split, now I have burning oil stench. I am starting to worry about this car...

WARNING:

Check your COOLANT over flow plastic box, the yellow door cap should be snap tight... If not, you have a problem there! Check also the POWER STEERING black box... You should see tracks of bleeds near the cork! It's alway start with a little smoke, but it could finish with a big fire...

Take care bro! :readclose

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
30 K w/ NO catchcan,......you can be SURE theres oil ,all inside your turbo & plumbing..i wouldn't suggest degreasing the inside of the turbo either, as you may damage the seals ....buy a catchcan, clean out ALL your plumbing & intercooler & the smoking will prob. reside , if theres no other leaks found 1st.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts