Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i think next week i am going to Coconut Creek, FL to get me a brand spanking new beast of a SRT-4...

Airfare-$285

Taxi-$40

SRT-4-$19995

Having my own lil beast-PRICELESS

That is the plan fly down on thursday get there thursday afternoon take a nap and start driving back because i have work on saturday morning!! :D :eek: :lol: :p

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
If you plan on coming back through Tampa, let us know. I'm sure a few SRT 4 owners will show up. I'm always looking for an excuse to drive anywhere.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
generallee said:
Ouch on the air fair. I flew from Chicago to Ft Lauderdale during spring break to get my car and it was only 140. ATA. Not being rude, just FYI. :wink:
No wonder dude it's ATA they're crap. I'd seriously be afraid to fly on their planes. You should hear some of the stories going around...

-faast

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Gimmie a break!!!!

Slow5OH said:
generallee said:
Ouch on the air fair. I flew from Chicago to Ft Lauderdale during spring break to get my car and it was only 140. ATA. Not being rude, just FYI. :wink:
No wonder dude it's ATA they're crap. I'd seriously be afraid to fly on their planes. You should hear some of the stories going around...

-faast
:x
Dude you have no clue what you are talking about. I happen to fly for ATA. The airline has been around for over 30 years. Mostly charter untill the last 10 years. This airlines flies all over the world, over 400 destinations, more than any other airline in the world. We are the worlds largest charter airline and the US military's biggest charter supplier. We have the youngest fleet of aircraft in the nation, brand new 737's and 757's. We have never had an accident even after flying hundreds of thousands of flights and millions of people. Give me any story and I bet most are a lie. We fly people where they want to go safely and CHEAPLY. If you want to pay more to feel more safe then do it, but most other airlines have had many more problems than ATA. Get your facts straight, I suppose you believe everything written on the enter net too! :roll:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey greg give me ATA's web site and i will try and see what i can get through them...Yeah Grunge it doesnt look like mapquest has be going through tampa but i will have to do all this in like 2 days because i will have to be back for work on saturday...But then again i dont know my way around FL so if you could maybe plot something out i wouldnt mind hanging out with some fellow SRT-r's...Well i need to start packing I AM SO EXCITED and some people need to give me their cell #'s or something 21 hours by yourself is a long time to be driving alone...But laterz and i will let you know how everything progresses....
Joe

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very TRUE that is all that matters...My G/F might be skipping school if i can get it all done in one day...But if not i am flying alone...Anyone wanna give room and board say somewhere towards the top of GA...I will let them drive the car for 10 minutes for a bed to sleep in!!!!!!! I would prefer not to sleep in a motel...Just an offer for anyone in the southern midwest region...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
gdflys don't get me wrong, but I've heard(and experienced) some horror stories about ATA. I was by no means insulting you, so don't take it as a personal insult. I guess I stated it wrong in my first post, I wouldn't be afraid persay to fly with them but I personally believe their service leaves much to be desired. One incident involved a 727 enroute from Vegas that blew a tire, but that wasn't the bad part. The 20 hour delay that resulted while the passesngers were trapped in the terminal was. Don't believe me, well I was one of those passengers. I also know a few people in the industry that hold the same opinion. Maybe other airlines have more problems because they're bigger? In short, you get what you pay for, discount airline = discount service. It'd be perfect for you FF, it's only a one way ticket on a relatively short hop.

-faast

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Freeway, I'd plot you out a course, but it looks like you'd be going way out of your way and you have quite a drive back.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
gdflys said:
Max fare anywwhere anytime is $299
does this include australia? :wink:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DAMN greg you are the sh#t man i was just looking on the web page and it looks like i just saved like over 100 dollars...Awesome so airfare is only 152 now :D So now i just have to call down to the dealership get financed for this beast and we are ready to go next wednesday at about 5 o clock...Another question for people that have purchased the car from out of state is there anything special you have to do i am kinda new to buying new cars out of state (1st timer)...But anyways thanks for the support guys....You all rock....
Joe

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
southwest airlines .. 2 tickets from massachusetts to coconut creek .. $385 .. i did the same thing , but you dont need a taxi , ask the dealer to pick you up at the airport.. they picked us up .. i beleive his name was bill , and the other guy was matt ... one of their last names was coffee..
good luck

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks pain i will ask the guy i got the hook up through to see if they could send someone to the airport...Man that is a long ass drive i am going to have ahead of myself there....I plan on going about half way during the day thursday and stopping at a motel taking a nap and finishing the drive...So i guess i wont get to enjoy the florida atmosphere at all....BUT AT LEAST I WILL HAVE MY CAR

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
it was 25 hours for me :shock: we stopped for dinner once .. and gas like 10 times .. just to let you know bring tons of cash this car gets like 15 mpg when it isnt broken in yet ... also has a very small gas tank so you will pull over every couple hours... also i hope you are paying $19.995 for the car we did .. make sure if not ill give you the owners phone number and you cn bitch like we did :D

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess i lucked out i have an inside source and the dealership will be giving me the friends and family discout (I have a new brother in law :D )...But anyways where were you coming from??? I am just wondering and that time frame sounds like it will work....Arrive at dealership about 3:00 pm thur
5:00 pm have keys in hand
5:01 pm on the road back to fort wayne
2:00 am roughly find a joe blow motel to sleep in
5:00 am wake up and hit the road again...
Also i will be bringing a bunch of cash with me so i dont think gas will be a problem...But then again how much is gas in the south...In the midwest right now it is about 1.60 for reg. unleaded...So how much would premium be...Premium is about 1.80 a gallon right now around my neighborhood...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
came from masachusetts... btw they also filled the tank for us .. there premium was $1.99 a gallon when i was there 4 weeks ago

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
10 Participants
gdflys
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing