Dodge SRT Forum banner

I HATE my SRT-4!!

3K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  rojo 
#1 ·
My SRT is so gay. I'm so pissed off at it right now. It really is a big pile of shit. You can see the thread I started in "SRT dealer service" forum 2 days ago, about how when I was going down the road at about 50 mph, the car just turned off and wouldn't start again. It was towed to the dealer and it turned out to be a blown fuse, and they replaced it for free, but they almost voided my warrenty in the process for my hurst shift knob.

Anyways, tonight the same damn thing happened, just 2 days and 200 miles after. So we replaced the blown fuse in it 3 times, but everytime we put it in, the fuse blew as soon as we turned the key. We finally ran out of spare fuses, so now its just sitting in the Advance Auto Parts parking lot, until I can either get some better fuses or can take it back to the dealer. It's such a piece junk!

Why would it do this? It's a brand new car with 6,300 miles on it!

The only thing that is done to it is the Mopar BOV, and my friend took the front crash bumper and foam out of it.

What the hell would cause this? This really is pissing me off!

#5 ·
maybe a really bad short? should be all warranty stuff tho call them up and make them fix it

#6 · (Edited)
SRTGT said:
It doesn't matter about the warrenty so get over it. We just want to know what is blowing the fuses, and the dealer saw the car without the crash bumper and they didn't care.

last time i checked you posted this to ask for our help.... dont be a dick about it he was merely trying to tell you that that styrofoam peice isnt worth getting your 1600$ <not sure what it costs> warranty taken away for

lol i guess that dont make sense now a mod must have cleaned it up

#7 ·
definitely a ground, there's a wire on the front bumper section i think that provides ground... probably when you were removing that foam piece you forgot to put it back or maybe its not at a good ground location? im not sure... and dont be a dick we are trying to help you...

#8 ·
I'm the one that took the bumper pff, and the one who replied that time. All i'm sayin is im tired of hearing what ius going to void your warrenty, the dealer didn't even see it. And what about the guys with the big fmic, why don't they have this problem?

#9 ·
Pugh said:
Why would your friend take the crash bar out when you don't have a huge FMIC yet? Doesn't make sense and they will void your warrenty for that if they see it.
Unless they can prove that the lack of a crash bar causes his SRT-4 to shut down (blue FMIC of death!), you can make any changes you want to the car. It's the law man. Learn to read. Unless of course, everyone else who's removed their crash bar on here has simular problems and just won't tell us about them.

I had simular fuse issues with the daytime running lights on my Canadian SRT-4. Have them look at all the grounds and make sure that any of the wire bunches going under the air box aren't worn down - that was the source of my problem.

Electrical wiring is a bitch in new cars. Send the tech a few beers for his trouble - it might be a while before he finds the problem.

#10 ·
belvedere383 said:
I'm the one that took the bumper pff, and the one who replied that time. All i'm sayin is im tired of hearing what ius going to void your warrenty, the dealer didn't even see it. And what about the guys with the big fmic, why don't they have this problem?

well it wasnt doing it before you took the bumper protection off was it? hmmm there must be something around there thats used as a ground... my suggestion would be anything youve done to the car go and look at it again

#14 ·
Which fuse keeps blowing??

Like what others have said, it's definitely an electrical issue. Maybe it was caused by you or your friend... or maybe it's a manufacturing defect... Here's something easy to check... It's most likely not the source of the problem. but it's easy to check...

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50022

#16 ·
reddy said:
check the wires behind the clutch.........that is an important mod!
I was just going to say that :)

#18 ·
Aphinity said:
Reddy said:
check the wires behind the clutch.........that is an important mod!
I was just going to say that :)
Sorry.. I beat both of you to it... The link I posted was just that! :lol:

#19 ·
Wires behind the clutch are fine. The fuse that keeps blowing out is the passanger airbag fuse I think, so I guess the car won't start without that fuse working. It's a 20 amp fuse, and we even put in a 30 amp and it blew that instantly too. It blows as soon as you turn the key to start the car. Would it make a difference if we disconnected the battery and then put the fuse in?

#20 ·
Your best bet might be to just get it towed to the dealer.. One thing you want to be careful of is putting in higher and higher amp fuses... The fuse is blowing for a reason, if you keep putting higher and higher amp fuses in, the wires are gonna melt etc.. Be carefuk

#24 ·
So you are doing mods and removing bumper supports and other shit and you can't figure out that a fuse that keeps blowing is an electrical issue. You need to quit touching your car and just leave it alone. Please sell it......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.