Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight comming back from our local Ricer Rally me and cruzansrt4 were crusing together messing around and such. Some 2nd gear pulls up around the speed limit. Well cruzan went straight towards his house and I had to make a left. So I'm in the turning lane and this cop pulls me over. She said I was racing. (Which I probably was) She never clocked me 'cause my V1 didn't go off. I asked her why she thought we were racing. She said "because you and your friend were side by side accelerating down the highway" I said "yes but ma'am I never went over the speed limit, and he is my friend, we weren't racing. What if I was by myself accelerating down the highway-what would you be pulling me over for now?" She was stumbling for answers by then and said "well then you would be speeding" I said "but I never went over the speed limit, so then why am I getting a ticket for racing?" I had her almost talked out of it, 'cause there is no way in hell she could prove I was racing, but she took so much out of her life to write the whole ticket out she just said "well you're just gonna have to tell that to the judge."

So needless to say I forgot to turn in this paper to the DMV on a late ticket a couple months ago and I was driving with a suspended license. $118.50 ticket and 3 points on my license, and I have to appear in court on the 12th for "Racing on the highway"

2004 E-blue SRT-4 For sale :stab:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ouch, doesn't look good man. I work for Seminole County criminal justice center and I see alot of charges for speeding and driving with a suspended license. You can expect some decent fines ($400+) and you will probably lose your license for 6mos or more. My advice, dress professionally and sell your ass off. You have to convince the judge that it was all a misunderstading. Key thing ... don't insult the officer,it wont make youlook any better. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
I would serisously consider a lawer at this point man... I don't know much about it but if you where driving on a suspended license I know that you could very well come out with a suspended lic I would'nt even worry about the fines that's a given. I'd talk to the lawer about helping you out of the suspension. if that is even possiable. good luck man. "racing on street" is a big deal now they changed the laws, there is a thread on it somewhere around here.... serioulsy, good luck man. I stoped street racing (playing around with my friends) back in june. becouse of this damn law.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
read this

Get a lawyer who specializes in traffic court.

Well worth the money, IMO. Racing is practically a friggin' felony now in Florida, so don't walk into court alone. In fact, the lawyer can probably work a deal where you never wind up in court. If you do wind up in court, the lawyer can keep delaying it until it hits on a vacation day for the cop.

Get a lawyer.

Tom

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Luke, this is a no brainer, GET THE LAWYER! Sorry to hear this, I know you are not one to go looking for trouble. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need more than a hug. I can't afford a suspended lisence right now. I'm just getting my business started and I'm going to be living on my own soon, I can't afford not to have a ride. My life will go to complete shit. This is just a wake up call for me I guess. I'm going to find a good lawyer. I know everyone in this town and a few in the legal system. I should be ok...I'm just shitting a brick right now.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Green Guy said:
Ouch, doesn't look good man. I work for Seminole County criminal justice center and I see alot of charges for speeding and driving with a suspended license.
She didn't get me for speeding. "Racing on a highway" she pulled over the wrong person that was with me!! She pulled over a guy in the turning lane with me. I didn't even know the guy...cruzan's car is silver. She swore up and down it was a dark car. I think that might help me out a little bit. If she can't even remember what color the car was I was "racing" then how can she even judge if we were.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
dude wtf...geeez

good luck

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Frickin Cops

That sucks man.

Kind of the same thing happened to me a few years back when this other car passed me quickly. I was barely breaking the speed limit (like 45 in a 40), and this other ricer (yes, I am a reformed ricer) passed me going quite fast, and it happened right in front of a cop. The cop pulled us both over and gave us tickets for reckless driving. I told the cop I wasn't racing, but he thought otherwise. What a load of crap that was. I just paid the stupid ticket and moved on. However, my license wasn't suspended at the time.

I would get a lawyer if I were you. Pain in the butt--probably worth it, though, in your case.

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car
1,442 Posts
That hurts man, ur insurance too, I feel for u man doesn`t get much worse then that on the road. I think u can get out of it though, she prob won`t show up for court.... cuz she knows shes a clown.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts

Are these cars racing or speeding?
It's not as easy an answer as you may think.
Whether the state can prove you were racing and not just speeding
will determine whether you keep your license for the next year.

............I dunno but I say the one on the right has him by a bumper :eveilgrin

seriously though, good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
[email protected]#KED UP MAN!!! that sucks cops are dicks anyway.little story...anytime there is "street racing" or just ricer flybys there is always a cop waiting for you. but my wife seen a big guy BEATING this girl up on the side of the road and she immediatly called the cops and it took them 20 min to get there!!it was in city limits too. cops are assholes make shure if your driving to carry donuts in the car with you!!! :jester:

·
Banned
209 Posts
quiXilver said:
Well tonight comming back from our local Ricer Rally me and cruzansrt4 were crusing together messing around and such. Some 2nd gear pulls up around the speed limit. Well cruzan went straight towards his house and I had to make a left. So I'm in the turning lane and this cop pulls me over. She said I was racing. (Which I probably was) She never clocked me 'cause my V1 didn't go off. I asked her why she thought we were racing. She said "because you and your friend were side by side accelerating down the highway" I said "yes but ma'am I never went over the speed limit, and he is my friend, we weren't racing. What if I was by myself accelerating down the highway-what would you be pulling me over for now?" She was stumbling for answers by then and said "well then you would be speeding" I said "but I never went over the speed limit, so then why am I getting a ticket for racing?" I had her almost talked out of it, 'cause there is no way in hell she could prove I was racing, but she took so much out of her life to write the whole ticket out she just said "well you're just gonna have to tell that to the judge."

So needless to say I forgot to turn in this paper to the DMV on a late ticket a couple months ago and I was driving with a suspended license. $118.50 ticket and 3 points on my license, and I have to appear in court on the 12th for "Racing on the highway"

2004 E-blue SRT-4 For sale :stab:
rob can run license if you ever need him 2.So you all can see what you have .So talk to o4srt4lvr

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
So the ticket says something along the lines of 316.191 (a)? Like everyones been saying, get a lawyer and try to get it reduced or something. I go in tomorrow for court i'll let ya know how it goes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The Creeper said:
rob can run license if you ever need him 2.So you all can see what you have .So talk to o4srt4lvr
i can check anybodys florida license for suspensions and case numders if need also i run mvr and clue reports but that cost money :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
stevesrt4 said:

Are these cars racing or speeding?
It's not as easy an answer as you may think.
Whether the state can prove you were racing and not just speeding
will determine whether you keep your license for the next year.

............I dunno but I say the one on the right has him by a bumper :eveilgrin

seriously though, good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
:bs: the one on the right went on the second honk and the one on the left is pulling back

1 - 20 of 26 Posts