Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just figured I would tell my story. I went to the denist this morning to get rid of one of my teeth. Well they called me pretty quickly and got me in the chair. Soon after the dentist pulled out the big needle and started poking my gum around the tooth they were going to pull. Now, this is supposed to take the pain away from them pulling the tooth but that shit HURT. So, after he finished torturing me with his needle he left for a few minutes to give me time to get numb.

After a few minutes he came back and sat down. He then got pliers out (it looked like he could have dissasembled the space shuttle with these things) and went to work:crying: I had to say stop...more shots please...because that was hurting. So he pulled out his freaking mega needle again and started sticking me again. After a few more minutes he came back and got his shuttle pliers out and got the tooth out. It took his about five minutes to get it out. It felt like at least two hours. I kept looking up at the ceiling thinking " I want to get up and run and never come back here again":jester:

Just thought I would share:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,283 Posts
i remember when i had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago. went in, they gave me some kind of pill thats supposed to relax your nerves, chilled in the waiting room for about 15 minutes or so. so i go in, sit down, and the good part was when they stuck that needle in my arm and gave me a small dose of the shit that knocks you out, so i was feelin pretty good and sleepy.next thing i know the doctor is jammin some brace thing in my mouth and the nurse gives me a little more of the sedative and im out like a light. :lol: next thing i remember was stumbling down the hallway trying to hold onto the walls on my way to the little recovery room to pass out for a little while. didnt feel a thing but shit bled for the rest of the day and i had to stuff my mouth with gauze and cotton. the following few days after that sucked
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt hear any of that. And I was wide awake during this. I think I was just scared about the whole thing. Ripping teeth out with pliers is not cool:readclose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Pliers are lucky believe it or not. I'm scheduled to have 3 wisdoms surgically removed... 2 bottom wisdom teeth are completely horizontal. I am going to be in PAIN for DAAAAAAAAAAYS :ben:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
im scared cause i have to go soon and i have to get a tooth filled and one pulled and i have never did that before.im not ready to be in pain:stab:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
they put me to sleep when they took out four of my teeth too.
then they gave me some nice drugs that didnt really to anything to me
so i sold em to my friend =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RedSpeedFreak said:
Which dentist did you go to John?
Greenburg dental. I was going to call you with my experience on them but I LOST MY FREAKING CELL PHONE:stab:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now...I need a few root canals and I will be set:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
yikes i feel so bad for u!! well im proud of u that u atleast went through it, most people r chicken and never go to the dentist!!!!! i had my wisdom teeth pulled, they had to put me to sleep, i seriously was out for like 24 hrs, they say that redheads tend to wake up during surgeries more than anyone else, so they drug us up more so we wont wake up. lol it kinda makes me happy to be a redhead because i know they will give me plenty of meds!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,906 Posts
Srtgirl4u2nv said:
yikes i feel so bad for u!! well im proud of u that u atleast went through it, most people r chicken and never go to the dentist!!!!! i had my wisdom teeth pulled, they had to put me to sleep, i seriously was out for like 24 hrs, they say that redheads tend to wake up during surgeries more than anyone else, so they drug us up more so we wont wake up. lol it kinda makes me happy to be a redhead because i know they will give me plenty of meds!!
I was telling John I've been to 2 Greenberg offices and both of them have the same form, asking for your "level of cowardice". On both, I wrote:

NOT A COWARD. IT JUST HURTS!!!!

Because the vibrations from the tools they use hurt me so much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,011 Posts
Mine said "oops" while pulling one of my wisdom teeth.

fucker SHATTERED. took him about an hour to fish out all the broken bits. NOT FUN!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
hIsGiRl91 said:
im scared cause i have to go soon and i have to get a tooth filled and one pulled and i have never did that before.im not ready to be in pain:stab:
With anisthetic it's really not very bad at all. Lots of pressure but nothing to be scared of. I just hate that stupid little scraper metal hook thingy, I would love to shove that thing in the dentists eye.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
SRT4V8stomper said:
Just figured I would tell my story. I went to the denist this morning to get rid of one of my teeth. Well they called me pretty quickly and got me in the chair. Soon after the dentist pulled out the big needle and started poking my gum around the tooth they were going to pull. Now, this is supposed to take the pain away from them pulling the tooth but that shit HURT. So, after he finished torturing me with his needle he left for a few minutes to give me time to get numb.

After a few minutes he came back and sat down. He then got pliers out (it looked like he could have dissasembled the space shuttle with these things) and went to work:crying: I had to say stop...more shots please...because that was hurting. So he pulled out his freaking mega needle again and started sticking me again. After a few more minutes he came back and got his shuttle pliers out and got the tooth out. It took his about five minutes to get it out. It felt like at least two hours. I kept looking up at the ceiling thinking " I want to get up and run and never come back here again":jester:

Just thought I would share:thumbsup:

This exact story runs through my head from the second I make an apointment to the second he's working on my teeth. Then when I'm there I never feel a thing.

Sota227990 said:
Mine said "oops" while pulling one of my wisdom teeth.
lmfao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,715 Posts
I had my wisdom teeth done at 2 different times in life by 2 different dentists, first set I was fully awake for, the lower ones. Think the pliers are bad? I seen all the tools he used from literally one that looked no different than a standard punch, something that looked like a small small crowbar and a few others things that looked like GMC brake tools! I had one that came out in over 5 different pieces and the other almost fell out to the point where the dentist almost fell over laughing saying "it was ready!". The worst part of it all though is the way they hold your head like in a semi head lock and between pushing down on the tooth to grab at it and so on putting all the pressure on your jaw, my ears hurt for 2 weeks after! The one that came out hard he didn't even get all of it, part of the root finally worked it's way to the surface like 2 weeks later and I had to go in so he could pry that out!!

Now the second round I was lucky, that dentist just knocked you out flat and had you up and headed for the recovery room in less than 10 minutes, no joke!! That was the way he worked. He was a very large man and now I know why it went so fast, he pretty much damn near broke my neck and jaw getting those ones out, LOL!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
I had two wisdom teeth pulled and I didn't feel a thing, they put me under with some injected stuff and wow that stuff is great. Knocked me out in 10 seconds and when I woke up I felt light as a feather and the lights were bending and my mom had two heads. I tried walking into the bathroom and almost smashed my face onto the sink because my depth perseption was waaay off lol. Then it wore off..... Holy crap my face swelled up and I looked like I had thirty cotten balls in my mouth. That shit hurt, and to think I need two more pulled :ben:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
reading all of this gives me goosebumps!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
I too have heard horror stories about getting wisdom teeth or any teeth for that matter pulled, but let me tell you first hand, it wasn't that serious...I just got 4 wisdom teeth pulled 3 1/2 weeks ago and the procedure was far from what I heard.. I chose the "wine" option when I got mine pulled, meaning they inject you with stuff that makes u feel like u are drunk off your mind, with that said the doctor ended up giving me double and a half dosage more because it wasn't working for me..that ended up knocking me out senseless, next thing I know I wake up and am heading home..slept the whole day, next day I was eating steak and french fries..guess I got lucky, or maybe a good doctor..but getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled was not serious, IMO of course
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top